7 Weeks Post Op, my Left Breast Still Looks Higher and Maybe a Little Bigger? 475 Cc Gel (photo)

I am 7 weeks post op and my left breast is still sitting a little higher and looks like it may be a little smaller, could this be caused by swelling still? Is this normal? I got 475cc mentor gel implants, they were placed under the muscle and the incision was made through the nipple. It has softened a little bit but my right breast is definitely a bit softer.

#BreastImplants Are Asymmetric

+1

From your photos there is some asymmetry visible, but we cannot determine if that was always present on your anatomy. MAny times patients only realize this after surgery. However, if you photos do not show this pre-op then I would discuss this with your surgeon. No matter what 7 weeks is too early to judge your results.

Vincent Marin, MD

7 Weeks Post Op, my Left Breast Still Looks Higher and Maybe a Little Bigger? 475 Cc Gel

+1

A posted before photo would most likely show you had asymmetry. Thus using same sized silicone implants will magnify the asymmetry. Best to discuss with your surgeon. 

Post augment asymmetry

+1

Most women's breasts are asymmetrical to start with an augmentation tends to make them more aware of any differences between the breasts. The disparity can definitely be related to post-op swelling and your report of one breast being softer than the other is quite consistent with this. Be patient and give things at least six months to settle down.

Robert L. Kraft, MD

Breast asymmetry after surgery

+1

Most patients will notice some level of asymmetry after any type of breast surgery. It's important to note, that no woman's breasts are perfectly symmetrical, before or after surgery.

Just after surgery, most patients will be very analytical about the appearance of their breasts. Allow your swelling to go down and time to heal. I think 6 months is a good amount of time to assess your results with your plastic surgeon. Remember to always compare what you looked like before the surgery and notice the differences. 

Kenneth Bermudez, MD

Breast Asymmetry after Implants

+1

Thank you for your question. Give it another month or so to allow more settling.

Minor asymmetries (like yours may be) are relatively common in womens' breasts without augmentation.  Lifting your arms can also accentuate natural asymmetries. If you have preop photos, you may find that you had pre-existing asymmetry.

Anyway, I hope that helps alleviates your worries. I think your result is very good. 

Kevin Ho, MBBS, FRACS
Sydney Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry 7 weeks after breast augmentation

+1

Hi,

Looking at your photograph it seems to me that your result looks pretty good for 7 weeks.

It is not uncommon for there to be some asymmetry at this stage. Often this settles spontaneously as the next couple of months go by. Sometimes a massage program or wearing an elasticized band will help depress an implant that is sitting a little high.

I think you should return to your plastic surgeon to discuss your concerns. I'm sure a satisfactory outcome can be achieved.

Douglas McManamny, MBBS, FRACS
Melbourne Plastic Surgeon

Concerns about Breast Symmetry after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Although your concerns are understandable,  I would suggest that you continue to exercise patience and allow for approximate 6 months to pass before evaluating the and results of the procedure performed. Your plastic surgeon may have recommendations such as massage or displacement exercises and/or the use of a bandeau,  to help the higher breast implant “settle”.

Generally speaking (for the benefit of other ladies considering breast surgery), patients undergoing breast surgery should understand that some degree of breast asymmetry is the rule, not the exception immediately after surgery and longer-term as well.

In other words,  helping patients achieve realistic expectations in regard to symmetry after breast augmentation is an important part of the preoperative “teaching”.  Patients who are seeking absolute symmetry and/or “perfection” should not undergo breast surgery.

Uneven Breasts after Augmentation

+1

Based on the pictures, the results look very good. It may take 3 months for the implants to settle so at 7 weeks, it is too early to judge the results.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS
Ohio Plastic Surgeon

Breast asymmetry ?

+1

Many thanks for the question. The best thing for you to do is to stop looking every part of yourself specially your breast in I-pads and in mirrors. You seem to have a good result which will improve in time. I am not sure if this is a mirror image or which side we are talking about. What ever it may be it will improve in time.Wish you good luck.

Ashok Govila, FRCS, MCh, MS
Dubai Plastic Surgeon

7 Weeks Post Op, my Left Breast Still Looks Higher and Maybe a Little Bigger?

+1

Swelling may be a part, but most early asymmetry is related to different pace of relaxation of the pectoral muscles to accommodate the new implants. I can't really see a significant difference in the photo--it looks like a "mirror" photo, but I don't even no for sure which side is right and which left. 

At any rate, allow at least 3 months for the implants to settle before noting any concerns about asymmetry. All the best.