Is 550 Cc Too Big for Me?

I'm planning on having a breast augmentation. I'm 36B 5'3-130 and I wanna get 550cc implants. I don't want them to look fake. And right now I'm trying to lose weight down to 120-125 would that make a difference on the wey my breast will look?

Best Breast Implants For Me?

+2

Yes, 550 cc breast implants do seem somewhat large for your frame. However, without direct examination and a full communication  of your goals, it is not possible to provide you with precise advice.

When it comes to selection of the “best” breast implant size/profile to meet patient's goals, the best online advice I can give to ladies who are considering breast augmentation surgery is:

1. Concentrate on choosing your plastic surgeon carefully.  Concentrate on appropriate training, certification, and the ability of the plastic surgeon to achieve the results you're looking for. Ask to see lots of examples of his/her work.

2. Have a full discussion and communication regarding your desired goals  with your plastic surgeon. This communication will be critical in determining  breast implant size/type/profile will most likely help achieve your goals. 
In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. For example, I have found that the use of words such as “natural”, “fake”, or "C cup" etc means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.
 Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on him who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.

3.  Once you feel you have communicated your goals clearly,  allow your plastic surgeon to use his/her years of experience/judgment to choose the breast implant size/profile that will best meet your goals.  Again, in my practice, this decision is usually made during surgery.

550CC is big

+2

Yes that is very big. Given your height and weight it would be unlikely that an implant of that size would fit on your chest. Implants have fixed diameters. A good analogy is trying to buy shoes. If you wear a size 6, you can fudge 1/2 sizes but you certainly can't wear a 4 or an 8. If an implant is too large for your chest it is going to have to go somewhere. That likely will be lateral into your armpit. You will feel like you can rest your arms on your implants! Large volume implants are heavy and cause a lot of strain to the breast. They are associated with a higher percentage of reoperation and implant malposition. Some plastic surgeons will use high profile implants to get the maximum volume per diameter. There is evidence that shows these not only can cause strain to the chest wall, but also have a very round and fake look. I would speak to your plastic surgeon and what implant size would be ideal for your dimension. It might be helpful to get a second opinion. Best of Luck!

M. Scott Haydon, MD

Implant Selection Process

+1

In order to make an accurate size recommendation, I would need to assess your chest wall and breast mound measurements and characteristics.  Unfortunately, there is not a general rule of thumb or objective criteria to implant selection.
Your plastic surgeon will perform several measurements of your chest wall and breast anatomy and determine a range of implants that both fit your chest wall and reach your desired goals.
The next step is to try on this range of implants in the office with your doctor.   The key to this success is showing your surgeon the body proportion you desire with a bra sizer and allowing your surgeon to guide you to the right implant.   It will be much easier to communicate in implant cc's than cup size when determining the appropriate implant for you.
I wish you a safe recovery and fantastic result.
Dr. Gill

Paul S. Gill, MD

550cc too big?

+1

The sizes are done with the width of the chest wall. I think 550 seems large but there is no way to access your skin quality or measure your breast width to make an accurate assessment. As for the cleavage, it will likely be the same since it is created by the insertion of your pec muscles onto the breast bone. This cannot be changed though sometimes larger breasts do appear to come together better in a bra. Let your surgeon decide on profile as it s based on your chest width and not strictly a cosmetic choice.

Raj S. Ambay, MD

550 cc implants

+1

Sorry but 550 cc implants will look fake on a small frame.  How can they not?  If youa re really thin, you may even see the outline of the implants. Best to be seen in person to be sure.

Is 500cc too big for me? #breastimplants

+1

In my opinion sizing a patient for imlants can be simplified. Sizing is not about a number. In fact, I do not even discuss numbers with my patients. If a patient walks through the door and says they want x-cc implants I have to educate them about how sizing works. The best analogy I can relate this to is buying shoes. When you go to buy shoes how do you do that? First you start with the size your foot is right? So if your foot is a 6.5 you try on all kinds of 6.5 size shoes. Some may be tall, some might be flat, and some might be somewhere in between. You would never try to buy a size 8 shoe because it would be too big for your foot right? Breast sizing is the exact same way. Implants come in several different profiles that are like different heights of shoes. Implants can be low profile, moderate profile, or high profile. There are even implants that are higher than high. That would be your high platform shoe. Each implant style give you a different look. Now, your breast has a defined width that we call the base diameter of the breast. This would be analogous to the show size. Your breast base diameter never changes. It is what it is. So now, you can choose several different style of implants that fit the number of your breast base diameter. That really narrows down what implant is best for you. So once you know your breast base diameter you can try the low, moderate, high or really high implants on. The only think you have to decide is which look you are going for. You would never put an implant that is 13 centimeters wide in a patient whose base diameter is 10 centimeters. Half the implant would be in the armpit. So, this is very simple to me. My patients get a few choices that fit their breast and that is it. I will not put an implant in a patient that is too wide for their body because it will harm them over time. Hope this helps.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Too Big?

+1

A 550cc implant is a very large implant for your petite frame.  However, ask your surgeon to let you try on the implants and see how they look in a bra and clothing.  In my office, we make a recommendation of a range of sizes based on examination and patient desire.  We then let them try on the implants and decide for themselves. Good Luck!

Brian Reedy, MD
Reading Plastic Surgeon

Implant size

+1

It is important to note that many women have a misconception about the size of the implant in regards to what that translates into there own body.  The implant size in one patient can look very different in another patient based on their body habitus.  It is important to seek consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to determine which implant is best suited to your body to achieve your goals.  In addition it may be helpful to see a plastic surgeon who has imaging software to see the result on your person.  Vectra is one such imaging program that can help.  Good luck

Gary A. Tuma, MD, FACS
Princeton Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation 550cc

+1

550 cc implants is considered a large implant.  It is hard to assess if this size will look "fake" on you.  I don't think your planned weight loss will make a big difference.  There are some considerations when using large implants.  There is a higher risk of implant malposition or breast sagging but it is unclear at what size this increased risk starts.  Size is a very personal decision - good luck!

K. Roxanne Grawe, MD
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

550 cc Implants on 5'3" 125 lb Woman

+1

If you lose additional weight the breasts may lose a little bit of volume, but 5 or 10 lbs should not create a huge change.  550 cc appears large on all but the widest of women.  The average implant placed in the US is 350 cc.  So 550 cc is a large implant.  It is so difficult to determine what would look fake anatomically without assessing with a physical exam.  Make sure that you find the board certified plastic surgeon with STELLAR Credentials who performs hundreds of breast augmentations a year.