2 Months Post Op. with 450 Cc Silicone?

I'm 2 months after breast augmentation. with a doughnut lift. when can I start wearing underwire bra.

Ask your surgeon

+1
In general, I recommend wearing underwire bras only until after the first 2 months of surgery If you find that they're uncomfortable, then you should avoid wearing them because your body is telling you that it hurts. The underwire may be improperly shaped. If you want to wear underwire bras, try having a custom bra fitting to see if you can find something that's more comfortable. You can also wear wireless bras, as many types provide plenty of support.

The problem with wearing underwire bras shortly after surgery is that it can cause unnecessary complications. These complications include irritation caused by the wire rubbing against the skin (something that you may not notice due to possible numbness). Displacement can also occur.

However, please see your surgeon for their advice as they may have different guidelines.

Healing after breast augmentation mastopexy

+1

healing after breast augmentation mastopexy

1. usually i allow about three months for healing
  2. bras, and other straps and support are individual depending on how each patient is healing, new fold placement , discomfort , size of implant

Underwire Bra After Lift #breastimplants

+1

This mostly depends on your surgeon. If you were my patient I do not like underwire bras for 3 months after a breast augmentation.

Richard J. Brown, MD

Two months after breast augmentation probably okay to wear in underwire bra.

+1

As long as any garment doesn't irritate the incision is probably okay to wear it. Nevertheless this is a question that should be answered by your surgeon.

When can I wear underwire bra after augmentation/lift?

+1

Dear Juli,

Thank you for your question.  Every plastic surgeon is different on this subject, so best to contact your PS for direct recommendation.  In my practice, I encourage my patients to start wearing an underwire bra very early (2 weeks) after augmentation or lift, but I examine the bra myself for fit to make sure it is safe on the incision, and the implants are in the proper position.

Best Wishes,

Pablo Prichard, MD

Pablo Prichard, MD
Phoenix Plastic Surgeon