Is my breast implant bottoming out? (photo)

I am 5 weeks post op. My one breast (the right one) is sitting a bit lower than the other. The PS told me that my breasts will never be perfectly symmetrical because the right one is quite a bit larger. My implants are the same size, so I'm wondering if this is just a natural anatomical asymmetry or if my implant is "bottoming out."

Is my breast implant bottoming out

+1

It looks like you have a great result!  You are not bottoming out from what I can see in the photo you provided.  You do have a very slight asymmetry but that is normal, as no one is perfectly symmetrical.  Congratulations! ac

Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

Early results

+1

look great!  Focus on keeping your upper poles equal and level since that is what other people will see when you wear a tank top or other outfits that don't require a bra.  And your upper poles appear very equal.

Curtis Wong, MD

Is there bottoming out?

+1

Based on your photo alone, I do not see any bottoming out at all.   It appears that you have a great result.   You may have had some degree of underlying breast asymmetry.  Most women have one breast just ever so slightly larger than the other.   Remember, your right hand doesn't look exactly like your left hand.  This is normal.   Some of these underlying asymmetries can persist after breast implant surgery.  Please followup with your PS as scheduled.  Once you are all healed up, I'm sure you will just love your results.

Dr. Basu

Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Possible pre-existing asymmetry after breast augmentation

+1

You do have a mild degree of asymmetry but you do not demonstrate any evidence of bottoming out.  There will always be some degree of asymmetry as everything can not be corrected with a breast augmentation.  It is important to understand and to visualize all asymmetries prior to surgery so that there are not surprises after surgery. 

Is my breast implant bottoming out?

+1

It is difficult to assess this from your frontal photo. Your surgeon is right, they start out as "sisters" but not twins. Some breast asymmetry is normal and occassionally differnt size implants need to be used to minimize the asymmetry. Bottoming out means that your nipples are not in the most projecting part of the breast mound, but slightly above it; your nipples are looking up. From this photo it looks like they are appropriately placed. With that in mind, you are only 5 weeks out from surgery and your implants are not fully "settled". If they keep going south, you might end up with a bottomed out look. Time will tell, work with your plastic surgeon. Good luck.

George Marosan, MD
Bellevue Plastic Surgeon