What is my Best Option? (photo)

I am 3 months after my BA and I am bigger but still have the same look as my pre-op. If I was to get a bigger implant to fill the top part of my breast any suggestions on what may be a good size? Without getting an areola reduction, what is my best option for fuller breasts on the top, so they appear rounded and not flat and somewhat tubular? I want my breasts to be fuller on the top so they are rounded without looking ridiculous and too big. I am 5'2 and 115lbs.

Options after augmentation

+1

It is not possible to get upper pole fullness without either changing the shape of the implants or having a lift. I would advise you to have a lift. You have ptosis and you have wide areola with some tubular characteristics.

Fuller breasts on top? (photo)

+1

The easiest way to create upper breast fullness is to wear a snugly fitting push up bra.  If you want fullness even without a bra, and you want the upper inner breasts to project, a high breast volume to surface ratio is recommended.  This creates its own set of potential problems.  Larger implants within a tight skin envelope may cause scar widening, implant malposition, visible rippling and/or wrinkling, and a less natural appearing result.  Your breasts look nice, although nipple areola complex is slightly below horizontal meridian of breasts.  Your situation is best addressed carefully, in detail, options considered, and proceed with caution.

Steve Laverson, MD

Still needing a lift

+1

You posted a few days ago and we opined that you always needed a lift to get a great shape.  Bigger implants will not correct your shape, only look more fake.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Full Upper Chest

+1

It would help to know what plane your implants are currently in.  If they are not under the muscle, I would switch them to be under the muscle.  I would also consider using a form stable shaped implant to fill your upper pole IF you don't want to have an areolar reduction.  I think an areolar reduction in an eccentric fashion would help improve your breast aesthetic.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

What is my Best Option?

+1

I think your best option is a periareolar lift at which time the nipples and areolae could be raised and centralized some. I would expect larger implants alone you repeat the experience of getting the same look only bigger. 

Thanks for your question and for the photos, and best wishes. 

Best Option for “Rounder Look” after Breast Augmentation?

+1

Thank you for the question and pictures.

Your plastic surgeon will be in the best position to advise you after you communicate your goals carefully/clearly. In my practice, I use goal pictures to help with this communication process.  Keep in mind, that “ridiculous” and “too big” may mean different things to different people so communicating your goals ( without the use of subjective terms)  will be very important.

My concern in your case would be that the use of larger breast implants may add more volume to the upper pole,  but you would still have the somewhat “puffy” areola look seen with tubular (constricted) breasts.

You do not mention what type of breast implant you have in place currently;  sometimes the use of relatively high projecting saline breast implants helps to achieve the “round look” that patients are trying to achieve.