6 Weeks Post Op- Look Younger? Too Puffy? (photo)

I am 6 weeks post: brow lift, upper and lower bleph, rhinoplasty, upper lip dermabrasion, fat transfer to NL folds, and face/neck lift. I had lunch with a friend today. She said I don't look any younger or better as I look "odd" with a lot of swelling in my cheeks, chin and eyes. My eyes are still a bit asymmetrical My question is ...is it normal to still look this "puffy"? 6 weeks out..AND,,why would I NOT look younger especially if I am puffy? My friend is 68. She wasn't being mean.

Post-op swelling

+2

I think you look great for this early post-op, and younger as well. While I am sure your friend wasn't trying to be mean, she may be a little envious! Hang in there. It appears you are going to have an excellent result.

Six weeks post-op

+2

Some residual swelling is normal at 6 weeks out from surgery. This will continue to resolve over the next few weeks to months.

Regarding your appearance, I respectfully disagree with your friend's assessment. You do indeed look younger and seem to have an excellent result in my opinion.

Eugene J. Sidoti, Jr., MD
Scarsdale Plastic Surgeon

Only 6 weeks postop

+2

Rest assured.  You are only 6 weeks out.  Swelling is still normal at this time period.  Looking at your photos, you look very good and I would say that you do indeed look younger.  Give things another 6 weeks and I think you will find scars more faded, swelling essentially resolved, and scars softer and more even.

Jennifer Lauren Crawford, MD

Six weeks after facelift there is still swelling.

+1

From the photograph provided it looks as though you got a good result. There is swelling it six weeks and you should expect some improvement in this area. Plastic surgeon is trying to please you not some "friend" serving as critic.

Swelling after surgery

+1

Hi,

The question you ask is a good one. It is very common to have swelling persist 6 weeks after surgery (and you had a few). Your photos looks fine and you will continue to notice swelling and refined changes over the next six weeks as well. Please contact your physican as I am certain they would like to answer your questions as well.

Be healthy and be well,

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

James M. Ridgway, MD, FACS

6 Weeks Post Op- Look Younger? Too Puffy?

+1

You have indicated  numerous procedures.  It has only been 6 weeks since your surgery and  it is very common to still have some swelling and or puffiness at this point.   It can take up to 6 months for the swelling to be gone.   Be patient and be sure to follow your surgeons post- operative instructions to ensure the best possible result. 

Frank Lista, MD

Still Puffy

+1
Thank you for your question and photos.  Fortunately, your friend is wrong.  You definitely look younger and more rejuvenated.   You still have some residual swelling at 6 weeks which is normal after combined procedures. Your results will improve over the next few weeks and months.  If you are satisfied with the improvement, what others think is irrelevant.  Enjoy your excellent results!  Best wishes.

Robert F. Centeno, MD, FACS
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Face lift at 6 weeks

+1

Thank you for asking about your face lift result.

1. You have a lovely face lift result that will continue to improve,
  2. You look young and beautiful,
  3. Your friend should not have said what she did. I have to suspect she is a little bit jealous and would like a face lift herself. Don't take it to heart.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Looking younger

+1

From your photos you appear to have dramatic changes but quite natural. From the amount of work you describe it is normal to still be very swollen. Enjoy your new look!

Michael L. Schwartz, MD
West Palm Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Puffy post surgery

+1

6 weeks is still very early and you will still definitely be swollen. Do not focus on what your friend says, that carries no validity with anything. Be patient and address each area with your doctor.

Louis Potyondy, MD
Tacoma Plastic Surgeon