I;m just wondering if my back problems are due to my hanging belly? (photo)

I am 5'7" 156 lbs. Ive spent alot of money on all kinds of stuff to help my back, its not getting better! I cant seem to get heavier in my lifting at the gym as it feels like it will go out if I push it! Im so frustrated! If I lose 15 more lbs will my belly not hang so much or is surgery the only option? THANKS!

Back pain and tummy tucks

+1

As much as we don't do tummy tucks for back pain, the tightening of the core muscles can help to give support to your lower back. Try wearing a compression belt. If this helps, a tummy tuck might be good as it pretty much does the same thing, only on the inside. Good luck!

Dr. Jeffrey E. Schreiber

Baltimore, Maryland

Tummy question

+1

I doubt it. You appear to be a good candidate for a tummy tuck so if that is in your budget please see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation. Good Luck!

Gregory Lynam, MD
Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Back problems

+1

It is unlikely that excess abdominal skin would contribute to ongoing back problems. A strong core can help reduce back related issues.

Steven S. Carp, MD
Akron Plastic Surgeon