How Will Weight Loss and Fitness Effect my New Augment and Lift?

I had a augment and lift in may, I naturally lost inches over the following months but not actual weight which surprised me. I have started alternating a speed walk for 30 minutes then follow with a run for 15 every day to get healthy and improve overall fitness and endurance as well as 50 situps per day. I am not concerned with my body image but want to look my best, weight loss is not my goal. I am concerned with how my breasts may change because of this new found fitness, can I prevent sag

Wear A Good Sports Bra

+1
Nice job on your new exercise regimen! If you lose a lot of weight, your breasts may sag a bit because of the loss of fatty tissue, although it is hard to predict by how much. However, since weight loss is not your goal you may not experience this as much. You can help prevent sagging by wearing a good sports bra while doing any rigorous physical activity. 

Weight Loss Following Breast Augmentation

+1

Congratulations on your healthy lifestyle changes and fitness routine. Your breast augmentation will not be negatively affected by exercise. If you were to lose a great deal of weight you might experience some changes, but it does not sound like this is your goal.  Continued success to you in your healthy lifestyle! 

Steven L. Ringler, MD, FACS
Grand Rapids Plastic Surgeon

Changes to breast with weight loss

+1

Congratulations on changes to your lifestyle.  Significant weight loss can affect the shape of your breasts.  Some of this depends on the amount of fat in your breasts.  Each women is different on the ratio of fat within their breasts.  Obviously, the more fatty your breasts are, the more changes that can occur as your body fat percentage changes.

Naveen Setty, MD, FACS

This is a test

+1

This is an excellent question. Remember that your health is the most important thing, of course. Small fluctuations in weight usually do not have an adverse effect on breast surgery such as yours. I would unquestionably continue your fitness program. You should have good long-lasting results after your breast surgery. Good luck!

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Weight loss and breast results

+1

If your weight is fairly constant then so too will be your breast result.  With alot of weight loss it can affect the result.

Weight loss after body contouring procedures is usually okay

+1

Congratulations on embarking on some significant life changes. I would say that unless you were to lose a substantial amount of weight, your breast contour really won't change all that much. Wear a supportive bra and stay healthy. Your new breast shape will hopefully last a long time !

Scott C. Sattler, MD, FACS

Breast Changes after Lifestyle Changes?

+1

Congratulations on your active/healthy lifestyle. Given that you do not expect significant weight fluctuation, chances are your breasts will not “sag” significantly with your efforts.

The use of a supportive bra  will be helpful;  otherwise, genetics and skin elasticity issues will be the key determinants of how your breasts will change with time, gravity, and aging.

Regardless  of any breast changes that occur, it is likely that you will benefit significantly from your diet/exercise routine.

Ways to Prevent Sagging Breasts

+1

Good supportive bras can help maintain the breast tissue.  If your body fat is already much lower than before, then you will likely not notice much of a change.

+1

Losing inches but not weight is not unusual in people who begin vigorous excercise regimens. The muscle gained is much denser that the fat lost, so even though there is not much or any weight loss, contour improves. 

As to the breasts, much depends on the fat content of the breast. The actual breast parenchyma (breast tissue) will not change much, but the fat tissue in the breast will decrease in the setting you describe. If there would be much change, you would probably have noticed it already, since you have noted the change in other parts of your body. Although you can't protect from sag associated with volume loss, you can to some extent temper the sag that occurs with gravity by wearing support bras, especially when exercising.

Keep it up. Thanks, best wishes.