Non Surgical Rhinoplasty How Safe?

Hi! I had a non surgical rhinoplasty 6 years ago, I was too young then and was not informed as to what kind of filler I was injected with. WIth my old filler when I get my nose bumped or squeezed it gets really painful for few minutes. Now, I plan to have another filler on my nose, How safe is it for me to do it? I am concerned reading answers here with regards to Radiesse, the "ulcerations", bruising, bumps. I am not ready to have my nose surgically done.

Safety of nonsurgical rhinoplasty

+1

In experienced hands, nonsurgical rhinoplasty is safe and can produce some very nice results. It is only a temporary solution, but a viable one if you are not ready to have surgery. Permanent fillers should be avoided, as they can lead to issues down the road.

Hyaluronic acid fillers, such as Restylane, work very well in the nose and have the advantage of being reversible - should any problems arise, or if you dislike the appearance of your nose.

Depends on the product used

+1

Non-Surgical Rhinoplasties also called " Liquid Rhinoplasty" are very safe procedures if done correctly with the right indications.

One should always use a non permanent product and the best results are from hyaluronic acid fillers because they are not just temporary (6 - 12 months depending on the product) but could be reversed with another injection.

Another important safety factor is the presense of previous incisions on the nose and the depth of the injection plane. 

Bear in mind that combining fillers with strategialy placed units of botox yields amazing results in defining nasal aesthetics.

Overall i have seen my patients very satisfied with the results of their nasal injections.

Good Luck !

Omar Fouda Neel, MD
Montreal Plastic Surgeon