Questions regarding Asian Rhinoplasty, defined tip, narrow bridge, photos included. Please give thoughts and answers. (photo)

Is there's a way to thin out thick nostrils and shave the sides of of the bridge so that it becomes more narrow but instead of the straight unnatural line look, kind of a triangle. No height added. Look at the photos, (ignore implant), I like the tip in this one, how hard would it be to actually do this? I don't see many with such a defined pointed tip for Asian rhino. I photoshoppd the picture, so the 2nd would be end result wanted. How realistic are these chances for nose 1 to become nose 2?

Asian Rhinoplasty...but first !

+1
Ethnic rhinoplasty is a common procedure in my practice. As previously stated, tip definition is generally performed with suturing techniques in combination with cartilage grafts. Cartilage can be harvested from either the nasal septum, the ear, or rib, depending on previous surgery and how much cartilage is needed. Nostrils can be reduced with very inconspicuous incisions. The dorsum can be easily augmented with a choice of several materials. Your first order of business, however, is to remove the extruding nasal implant. The longer you leave it like this, the more damage that it may cause. Have it removed right away.

Refined tip

+1
Thank you for the photos but the first order of your concern should be the extruding implant not your tip.  after the issues regarding the implant are resolved there are many techniques that can be used to refine and narrow a tip without the use of a foreign body.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD
Brea Plastic Surgeon

Asian Rhinoplasty

+1
There are many techniques available to refine your nasal tip. I like to use a combination of suturing and grafting with cartilage. It is hard to ignore your nasal implant that is extruding. It needs to come out soon. It may be damaging the skin of the tip as well.

Suzanne Kim Doud Galli, MD, PhD, FACS
Washington Facial Plastic Surgeon