Will neck liposuction cause loose skin for me? Or it might need liposuction combined with face lift? (photo)

I am a 35 years old man who would like to find out the best method to get rid of my double chin and improve my jawline and face symmetric . I also have some asymmetry in my face which I think to fix through fat transfer to left side of my face. What would be the expert advises for my case?

Laser liposuction alone without neck lift may fix your double chin

+1
You're young and appear to have good skin quality.  I would consider laser liposuction alone to remove fat and tighten the skin of your neck.  If you subsequently need a neck lift it can be done as a second procedure but I would certainly not do it initially at the time of your laser liposuction.

Facelift or Necklift or both

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.

You are still young and should have good and should have good skin elasticity.  This means you would be a very good candidate for neck lift by minimally invasive techniques and liposuction

Liposuction of the neck (often referred to as submental liposuction) alone may be sufficient for you.  It is difficult to determine whether or not enough skin laxity exists in the upper face to warrant more surgery such as a face or midface lift to enhance your result.  I recommend an in person consult with plastic surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery.  The ASPS lists member surgeons that are board certified in your area.

Steven M. Camp, MD
Fort Worth Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction only should yield a good result.

+1
The pictures don't tell the whole story but I think liposuction by itself should give a good result. The one possibility is that there may be a contributing amount of fat deep to the platysma muscle. This should not be suction as it is too dangerous. The physical examination would make the picture clear.

Neck liposuction

+1
Thick necks respond to liposuction but the degree depends aon the quality if the skin, and location of the fat which can not be assessed by a picture.  I would recommend an individual consultation with a biard certified plastic surgeon 

Chad K. Wheeler, MD
Spokane Plastic Surgeon

Management of double chin, jawline definition and symmetry of face at age 35

+1
Patients with cosmetically unpleasant necks (e.g. “double chin” secondary to excess of adipose tissue, non-sharp jaw line definition) can improve significantly with a neck lift procedure. The appearance of the neck depends on the contour of the neck-skin, amount of neck adipose tissue (fat) and contour of the neck muscle (platysma muscle). Neck lift by addressing these three neck structures can significantly improve the appearance of the neck. Facial asymmetries can be corrected with multiple surgical procedures like fat transfer, implants, etc.) that can be performed at the same time of the neck lift. Patients seeking neck improvement should consider evaluation by a board certified plastic surgeon specialized in neck lifts.

John Mesa, MD
Livingston Plastic Surgeon

Neck Liposuction

+1
From your photos, you look like you would do well with just liposuction.  My guess is that your skin would retract and you would have a nice improvement of your jawline.  Fat transfer could be done at the same time.

If the neck liposuction did not get you the result you wanted, a lower facelift could be done.  The liposuction does not "burn any bridges".

Lisa L. Sowder, MD

Treatment of heavy neck

+1
If your skin is as firm as it looks and the fat is under the skin, not under the muscle:
  1. a neck liposuction and platysmaplasty (neck muscle tightening) should be the best approach.
  2. Skin will settle into the curve of the neck.
  3. Fat transplants can be done at the same time.
  4. Surgeons get excellent, predictable results with standard microaire liposuction. 
  5. No special machines are required, although surgeons who own them will want to use them.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Lipo with facelift?

+1
Hello and thank you for your question.
Given your age, you may have good skin elasticity, particularly if you have not been excessively heavy in the past and then lost a lot of weight. Submental liposuction alone may be sufficient for you. Some of the fat suctioned could be transferred to your face if necessary. I recommend that you see a board certified plastic surgeon in consultation to get more specific answers to your questions which can best be addressed after a thorough history and examination is performed.
Best of luck to you!

David Cangello, MD

Double Chin Treatment

+1
Thank you for your pictures.  You are young and your skin should shrink back once the fat is removed.  Consultation and exam with a BC PS will give you the most accurate answer.

Dr. ES

Earl Stephenson, Jr., MD, DDS

Neck Liposuction

+1
Just by looking at your photos you seem to be a good candidate for liposuction of the neck area.  Traditional liposuction will remove the fat by will leave loose skin.  I would suggest researching & consulting with plastic surgeons that have the Smartlipo Triplex system.  With the Smartlipo Triplex, it will remove the fat & stimulate your collagen to tighten your skin.  We have treated a lot of men with the Smartlipo Triplex for neck liposuction.

Ben Hugo, MD
Virginia Beach Plastic Surgeon