Extreme nostril show and hanging columella 1 year post rhino. What can be done? (photo)

Hello, I had an open rhino one year ago as my tip was too bulbous and round. The result was a horrible hanging columella and extreme nostril show which I never had before. My surgeon agreed that it looked awful. At 11 months post-op, he performed a minor procedure under local anesthesia to bring my columella up. However, even after this procedure, the problem still exists. I'm not sure if it made a difference. What can be done? Do I have to undergo another rhinoplasty?

Extreme nostril show and hanging columella 1 year post rhino. What can be done?

+1
An exam would be necessary to determine if columella, nostril, or tip adjustments should be made.

Find a board certified plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Rhinoplasty Revision

+1
I am sorry that you are unhappy with the results of your rhinoplasty.  The pictures you have posted are not ideal but it appears that the short nasal length is causing increased nostril show and a hanging columella.  You may require a nasal lengthening procedure to address these two problems.  I recommend a consultation with a rhinoplasty surgeon for a thorough examination to determine the best option to address your concerns.

Eugene Kim, MD

Hanging Columella and Wide Nostrils

+1
Unfortunately the pictures are not as professional as I would like. The profile needs to be a true lateral. It is difficult to judge the severity of the hanging columella by your pictures. In smiling, your nostrils do appear wide.
It looks like the dorsum could be a little lower to accentuate the nasal tip.

As you know, there are no magic wands. To correct this problem, you will need surgery. You should wait at least 6 months from your last surgery to make sure that most of the swelling has resolved.
Consult a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon with an expertise in rhinoplasty.

George C. Peck, Jr, MD
West Orange Plastic Surgeon