Is Calf Reduction Possible?

I have large calfs i can barely find boots that can zip on them and when wearing jeans i hate how they look like and feels very huge ...they arenot all saggy and do have fat and muscle , doctors dont like to touch that part of the body and many refused ...any surgeon had experince in this field ?

Liposuction of Calves

+2

Thank you for your question about calf liposuction. Hope this helps -

• I have done calf liposuction for years, using the microaire, 
  • The goal is to contour the lower leg,  not remove all the fat, 
  • My patients have been very happy. Pain and swelling must be controlled - 
  • Wear strong support stockings, e.g. 35 mm pressure for 6 weeks,
  • Keep legs up for two weeks - no commuting or desk work,
  • Alternating pressure pumps from a surgical supply or pharmacy help to reduce swelling. Best wishes.

Calf reduction

+2

If the calves have a fatty component it may be worthwhile to perform liposuction. I have seen articles in the literature on calf reduction surgery to thin the muscle, but I would not do it.

#Liposuction for calves

+2

I do microliposuction to contour and shape calves. I cant speak for everyone else but in my experience the results have been quite satisfactory and patients were very happy. it can howver get worse if the liposuction is not done properly. such defects are quite noticeable and very tricky to correct. chose your doctor wisely.  

Misbah Khan, MD

Liposuction of the calves

+2

Liposuction of the calves can make a noticeable difference depending upon your anatomy and skin tone. The recovery time is longer, however.Consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who is experienced in body contouring. Good luck!

Marcel Daniels, MD
Long Beach Plastic Surgeon

Calf Liposuction

+1

Although I have done this before, it is a rare individual that benefits from calf liposuction while not having other fatty deposits amenable to liposuction.  Find a board certified plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of liposuction procedures each year.  Kenneth Hughes, MD liposuction Los Angeles, CA

Liposuction of the calves

+1

There are some physicians who do lipo in the calves, but the relative incidence of contour irregularities when treating both the calves and the forearms is higher than most regions.  This is not something that I tend to do, but you should be evaluated by a local surgeon and gauge his or her comfort with this procedure.  Be sure to check out before and after photos- you want an experienced surgeon in this particular procedure.

Adam David Lowenstein, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

Calves and ankles do great with the micro canulas under local anesthesia.

+1

Shaping calves and ankles is truly an art which i love to do.  Many docs don't do them because you need a lot of experience and the doc has to do them with the micro canulas under local anesthesia to be able to stand you up and fine tune the results. Be sure to see several docs who specialize in liposuction and do it under local anesthesia with the micro canulas.  Sincerely,

David Hansen,MD

David Hansen, MD
Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Calf and Ankle Liposuction

+1

Many surgeons prefer not to treat the calf/ankle area. However, in properly selected patients, I have found the results to be very satisfactory. As a matter of fact, I have treated many patients with similar complaints to yours and have seen significant improvement. We also use compression garments in the post operative period for 2-6 weeks to improve results and speed up recovery. Good luck. Dr. G.

Douglas L. Gervais, MD
Minneapolis Plastic Surgeon