Calf Liposuction Doctor Recommendation Near Nebraska

I saw a surgeon perform Liposuction on a patient's calves. The results look fabulous! I am desperate to get someone to consult with me about my calves. None of the plastic surgeons in Nebraska will even discuss this with me saying I will get saggy calves. Please recommend any surgeon you know of in central US. I am willing to travel.

Nebraska plastic surgeons

+2

I would consult with Dr. Kamal Sawan in Oklahoma City.  He is the chairman of plastic surgery at one of the local universities, and he was expertly trained at Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore.  He has a great bedside manner and he is also very talented.  Good luck!

Patient selection and expectations are important

+2

Having done calf liposuction, I find that patient selection is one of the most important factors along with realistic expectations from the patient. If your leg has little to no curvature and resembles a straight trunk of a tree, you will see some improvement. Visually, it is attractive to see the ankle bones and a definition of the achilles tendon. More superiorly, a shaping of the calf muscle area can improve the result. I have not seen sagging skin after this procedure.

However, recovery will be 2 to 3 weeks of swelling or more. The final result may take 4 to 6 months or more. It takes longer in this area because swelling, being water in the tissue, goes to the most dependent area. Since your legs are the most dependent, the resolution of swelling will take longer.

Ricardo Izquierdo, MD
Oak Brook Plastic Surgeon

You have to understand the risk/benefit ratio

+2

I will perform liposuction on the calves but I have found that patients often have unrealistic expectations.  Many patients are looking for those model type legs but if the underlying anatomy, ie the muscles, don't have that appearance than it's very hard to get what patients are looking for.

Christopher L. Hess, MD
Fairfax Plastic Surgeon

Calf Liposuction

+1

Patient selection is key to a successful calf liposuction. Consult the ASPS website for a list of qualified surgeons who may be able to do the procedure.  Consult with 2 - 3 who perform the procedure to find the one who best meets your needs.

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Finding the Right Surgeon?

+1

I  am  sure there are many well-qualified plastic surgeons in your area. I would suggest starting with the American Society of Plastic Surgery  to obtain a list of well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons. Then, I would suggest you visit a few surgeons whose practices  concentrate on aesthetic surgery. Ask  to see lots of examples of their work and preferably speak/see patients who have had similar procedures done.

You will find,  while doing your due diligence,  that there are many different “specialties” who will offer their services to you;  again, I strongly recommend you concentrate on surgeons certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. The surgeons will generally be well-versed in a  variety of procedures that may be indicated based on your examination and goals.

If you find that a few well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons are advising against the procedure I would heed their recommendations if I were you.