Do Calf Implants Drop over Time?

I was reading a forum and someone mentioned that they may have fat grafting done a year down the track when their calf implants drop. Is this inevitable or just a possibility? Do the implants actually move down over time? I was under the belief that once healed in their pockets they are as secure and fixed in place?

Calf Implants

+2

You are correct. Although everything sags. Calf implants are much lighter than breast implants and are held in a much tighter pocket. They do NOT arppreciately sag. So much for the "truth" found on internet forums.

Calf implant position

+1
Calf implants are placed in a small pocket. 
They typically do not shift position once in place.
I  have not heard of fat grafts being needed to correct dropping calf implants.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD

Calf Implants should not ever move up or down

+1

Yes, you are correct in your belief that the calf implants are secured in place and cannot move on their own. If done properly with an experienced surgeon your calf implants will stay in place forever.  When calf implants move they should be removed, your body needs to heal and several months later have new implants placed.

Z. Paul Lorenc, MD