Calf and Ankle Liposuction Aftercare

what is the aftercare procedure for this type of lipo. Will I need help or can I take care of myself? Thank you

Three weeks of compression stockings after liposuction of ankles.

+1

Hi.

This is a great procedure, easy to do and with frequently dramatic results.  But the after care is definitely longer than with liposuction of other parts of the body.  You can definitely take care of yourself after the first night.

Ankle liposuction

+1

Liposuction of the lower extremities or more specifically below the knee tends to have prolonged swelling. Sometimes longer use of compression with stocklings can be helpful to keep the swelling down.

Aftercare for calf and ankle liposuction is easy to do yourself.

+1

Liposuction of the calves and ankles is easy to do yourself.  We send patients home in support stockings such as the ones used for sclerotherapy.  This give great compression from the toes up to the thighs.  Walking is encouraged the next day.  The final results tend to take 4-6 months though.

Web reference: http://www.TheBestLipoDoc.com/drdavidhansen/landing/

Beverly Hills Dermatologic Surgeon

Care after "Cankle" liposuction

+1

Even I had to laugh the first time my patient told me she wanted her cankles liposuctioned.  This area does take longer to see the final result and can take up to 6 months in large cases.  The pain ersolves fairly quickly and only tylenol or alleve are needed within several days.  I have my patients wear compressive stockings post op for up to 6 weeks.  Most patients are back to work within 3-4 days.

Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Recovery for ankle liposuction

+1

For the most part, recovery from liposuction is easily manageable. Since clothing can conceal areas that have been sculpted, most patients are back at work after just a couple of days. You will just need to wear a tight-fitting elastic compression garment during your first week to help the skin adhere. A week after your procedure you can remove the garment to shower, though you'll likely have to wear it for an additional week.

Lipo is great for instant-gratification seekers, but don't fret if you still see imperfections in your shape several weeks later. It can take 4 months, even a year, to get an accurate picture of how the body will look once the swelling subsides and everything settles into place.