Can I get a syringe of Juvederm filler for laugh lines while I'm still breast feeding?

Juvederm use on breastfeeding

+1
At this time there hasn't been significant amount of studies to determine if Juvederm injections could have a negative effect on a fetus or infant. For this reason, I would advice you not to receive Juvederm until after you have finished breast feeding your baby.

Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

There are no studies that support Juvederm use on breastfeeding women.

+1
There are no studies that support Juvederm use on breastfeeding women. I would recommend you wait until you are finished breastfeeding before your next Juvederm treatment.

Martin Jugenburg, MD

Juvederm while breast feeding

+1
There has not been scientific study of Juvederm or other dermal fillers for pregnant or breast feeding women. Both the manufacturer of Juvederm Allergan and I do not recommend Juvederm for pregnant or breast feeding women

Kris M. Reddy, MD, FACS

Juvederm while breastfeeding

+1
Congratulations on your new baby!

The safety of Juvederm (or any of the other dermal fillers available on the market) has not been studied in pregnant or breastfeeding women.  Therefore, we generally do not use these products in any of our pregnant or breastfeeding patients.  I would recommend that you wait until you are no longer breastfeeding your baby before having any such treatments.

Jody Comstock, MD
Tucson Dermatologic Surgeon

Safer to wait

+1
It is better to wait until after you've stopped breastfeeding to proceed with any injectable treatment (including BOTOX). It is just safer that way.

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Juvederm while Breastfeeding

+1
Hello mamabear27, 

Thanks for your question.

This is the statement and stance that Juvederm takes in terms of injections during breastfeeding.

"The safety of JUVÉDERM® injectable gel for use during pregnancy, in breastfeeding females, or in patients under 18 years has not been established"

I would wait until you have completed your breastfeeding regimen before proceeding with any type of injection.

Good luck and Congratulations on the new baby. 

Dr. Shadfar

Scott Shadfar, MD
Indianapolis Facial Plastic Surgeon

Juvederm and breastfeeding: probably not a good idea

+1
Most injectible filler manufacturers will never study the safety of their medications for pregnant and nursing women. This includes Juvederm, Restylane, Perlane, Voluma and essentially ever other facial filler.  Why not?  It is not cost effective to study them, and the legal liability is too high.  Even if you wanted to have Juvederm (which I do not recommend), you would have a very difficult time finding a reputable physician to inject it.

Ronald Friedman, MD

Filler while breastfeeding

+1
There are no studies or good data looking at fillers during pregnancy or breastfeeding, and there likely never will be. Odds are it is safe, so if you accidentally received it before you knew you were pregnant don't worry, but you'll be hard pressed to find anyone credible who will inject while you are pregnant. Breastfeeding you may have more luck, but it's probably best to just wait and enjoy your time with your new little one for now. 

Cameron Chesnut, MD, FAAD
Spokane Dermatologic Surgeon

Can I get a syringe of #Juvederm filler for laugh lines while I'm still #pregnant or #breastfeeding?

+1
There is no information at the present time as to whether Juvederm is safe for use during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Given that these are elective treatments, I always advise patients to wait until after breastfeeding to consider any injectable treatments. I hope this information is helpful for you.

Stephen Weber MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Stephen Weber, MD, FACS
Denver Facial Plastic Surgeon

Getting Juvederm while breastfeeding

+1
Hello Mamabear. There have been no studies done to assess the safety of Juvederm or any other dermal fillers during pregnancy and breastfeeding and there probably never will be because of ethical reasons. Though there likely is no harm in getting Juvederm while breastfeeding, most physicians will advise you to wait until you are finished with your breastfeeding. This is the advice that I give all of my clients who are currently pregnant or breastfeeding. Hope this helps answer your question.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon