Restylane Perlane under the eyes to remove sunken in dark circles?

I want to remove my sunken in dark circles. My dark circles are not fat bulging out, theres no fat under my eyes. I need volume to fill in the space to make them even with my cheeks. I have a question - can i use restylane per lane under the eyes?? PLEASE provide specific details on how the doctor would inject this under my eyes. Would the needle go straight down and touch the bone?

Under eye filler

+1
There are two different aspects to your question. Filler is a fantastic option for a hollow under the eye in the 'tear-trough' area. Of all the fillers currently available, I agree with the other physicians that restylane is the best option. You want to inject deep under the muscle for two reasons. One is to avoid the superficial injection which, in the thin skin areas, can lead to a blue discoloration. And two, it is a more natural appearance when the normal muscle and fat are lifted from beneath.

The second part of your question deals with the dark coloration. This may very well be due to the hollow you are describing. Sometimes a shadow appears which accentuates the depression and causes it to look dark. Other times, there is a congenital hyper-pigmentation of the skin. If the skin itself has a dark quality, even in direct light, fillers may not totally address the problem.

I would see a qualified surgeon to discuss your options.

Newport Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Restylane/Perlane Under Eyes

+1
Thank you for your question. This is a great option to treat sunken dark circles, but it's temporary. I would suggest that you give fillers a try and see if you like the result. 

Kimberly A. Henry, MD
Greenbrae Plastic Surgeon

Lower Eyelid Filler

+1
I typically put filler in this area using a cannula, which is a blunt ended instrument for inserting filler without any trauma.  It limits any bruising or swelling to the area, and allows me to prevent overfilling or any "tyndall" effect which is a bluish discoloration from fillers. It is often best to lift and contour the cheeks and surrounding eye area to balance the other parts of the face.  It is best you come in for a consultation.  You want someone with a good aesthetic eye who is an expert in filler injections.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Perlane for the lower eyes

+1
My preference for the lower eyelid region is regular Restylane, I feel Perlane is too thick for that part of the face. As to how it should be done, I must say that is one of the more tricky areas to inject and strongly suggest you see an experienced injector who has done it before. Injecting fillers around the lower eyelid should not be attempted by a novice or someone without specialized filler training.

Julio Garcia, MD

Best Filler for Under Eye Hollow is Restylane

+1
Hi Jessica,

The best, safest, and most effective filler for filling lower eyelid hollows is Restylane.  In fact, it is the only filler that I recommend in this most delicate and unforgiving area.  The filler needs to be placed under the eyelid muscle and above the bone.  We prefer to use a micro-canulla to inject the lower lid hollow.  A small needle is used to make a small skin prick and the micro-canullla (which is not sharp, it is round at it's tip and is much less traumatic, much less painful, less bruising) is then placed through the opening to inject the filler. 

The most important aspect of your treatment is making sure that you choose your injecting physician most carefully.  Good luck and be well.

Michael Persky, MD
Encino, CA

Michael A. Persky, MD