Asymmetry of Buttocks & Cellulite - Best Treatment? (photo)

I am 47 years old and had a Brazilian butt lift 4 years ago. Nearly all of the fat remained and now I feel too bottom heavy so I would like to remove some fat. Also, my Right side is larger than the left, so I would like to even it out as well as sculpt both buttocks to make them look more like 3D balls (if that makes sense). I don't want to do traditional lipo because I'm concerned about skin laxity, so I'm considering smart lipo then cellulaze. Is that the best tx & am I a candidate?

Be careful with Smartlipo of the buttocks

+1

The buttocks is a very tricky area to treat with liposuction or Smartlipo.  Fat removal often causes flattening of the convexity of the buttocks which is undesirable.  Small amounts can probably be removed with Smartlipo to improve the symmetry and Cellulaze can help the cellulite.

Los Gatos Plastic Surgeon

Asymmetry of Buttocks & Cellulite - Best Treatment?

+1

Liposuction of the lower buttocks with fat transfer to the middle of the buttocks to give a lift and take up loose skin is a good option.  Just taking fat out, no matter what device is used, in that area will likely produce a less than satisfactory result.  I perform about 500 Brazilian buttlifts and revisions each year, and this procedure is the most surgeon dependent plastic surgery procedure.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Butt sculpting

+1

Unfortunately gravity can take effects over time and in your case that may have contributed to the changes you are referring to.  Certainly smart lipo is a good option and may correct the asymmetry as well as give you the tightening you maybe looking for.

N. Bill Aydin, MD
New Jersey Plastic Surgeon