Should I Lay Off Caffeine Before Breast Augmentation?

Should someone lay off caffeine before a breast augmentation?

Preparation for breast augmentation

+1

I know of know reason to limit your caffeine intake prior to breast augmentation. Ask your plastic surgeon if he/she has any specific restrictions other than nothing to eat or drink after midnight the day before surgery.

Caffeine before breast augmentation.

+1

Thank you for your question. You do not have to stop caffeine before your breast surgery.  Don't forget however, that you must not have anything by mouth (npo) for 6-8 hours before your surgery. 

Donald M. Brown, MD

Caffiene and breast surgery

+1

I do not know of any specific studies suggesting caffiene ia a problem for surgery. i will tell my patients to avoid any medications or herbs that can cause bleeding.

Stopping caffeine before surgery

+1

There is no reason I am aware of to stop caffeine before surgery--other than making sure that you don't drink anything after you are told not to by your surgeon or anesthesiologist.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Caffeine and Breast Augmentation

+1

Other than the risk of getting a headache from caffeine withdrawal on the day of surgery, I know of no other reason for you to avoid caffeine preoperatively.

Donald Griffin, MD

Breast Augmentation

+1

That's a really good question. If you are a regular coffee drinker and then go without your morning cups because of surgery, you may get quite a headache. Our anesthesiologist recognized this years ago and we always give caffeine intravenously before surgery starts to prevent that problem for patients who are at risk for that type of headache.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Caffeine before Breast Augmentation

+1

You do not necessarily have to stop caffeine before breast augmentation,  except of course the morning of surgery ( follow the NPO  instructions of your surgeon prior to surgery).