Should I Lay Off Caffeine Before Breast Augmentation?

Should someone lay off caffeine before a breast augmentation?

Caffeine and Breast Augmentation

Caffeine should be fine, but you should discuss this with your surgeon to make sure they are alright with it. Best wishes.

362 Fairlawn Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5M 1T6

Preparation for breast augmentation

I know of know reason to limit your caffeine intake prior to breast augmentation. Ask your plastic surgeon if he/she has any specific restrictions other than nothing to eat or drink after midnight the day before surgery.

J. Jason Wendel, MD, FACS

2103 Crestmoor Road
Nashville, TN 37215

Caffeine before breast augmentation.

Thank you for your question. You do not have to stop caffeine before your breast surgery.  Don't forget however, that you must not have anything by mouth (npo) for 6-8 hours before your surgery. 

Donald M. Brown, MD

2100 Webster Street
San Francisco, CA 94115

Caffiene and breast surgery

I do not know of any specific studies suggesting caffiene ia a problem for surgery. i will tell my patients to avoid any medications or herbs that can cause bleeding.

1049 Fifth Ave
New York, NY 10028

Stopping caffeine before surgery

There is no reason I am aware of to stop caffeine before surgery--other than making sure that you don't drink anything after you are told not to by your surgeon or anesthesiologist.

Margaret Skiles, MD
Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

920 Chestnut St
Yuba City, CA 95991

Caffeine and Breast Augmentation

Other than the risk of getting a headache from caffeine withdrawal on the day of surgery, I know of no other reason for you to avoid caffeine preoperatively.

Donald Griffin, MD

4322 Harding Pike
Nashville, TN 37205

Breast Augmentation

That's a really good question. If you are a regular coffee drinker and then go without your morning cups because of surgery, you may get quite a headache. Our anesthesiologist recognized this years ago and we always give caffeine intravenously before surgery starts to prevent that problem for patients who are at risk for that type of headache.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

10201 SE Main
Portland, OR 97216

Caffeine before Breast Augmentation

You do not necessarily have to stop caffeine before breast augmentation,  except of course the morning of surgery ( follow the NPO  instructions of your surgeon prior to surgery).

8851 Center Drive
San Diego, CA 91942