8 weeks post full TT and look 3 months pregnant! And getting worse? (photo)

I had a full TT 8 weeks ago and don't go in for my 3 month post op for another month. I had no loop and recovered very fast. I am noticing my stomach getting bigger everyday. I have not gained weight, I excersise and eat right. But why does my stomach look like I'm 3-4 months pregnant? I look like this when i wake up and still wear compression garment off and on through out the day. I looked a lot thinner just 2 weeks ago!

8 weeks after Tummy Tuck

+1
You should call and make an appointment to see your PS sooner. This could be a collection of fluid that can be drained. If present, your long term result will be better if taken care of before your next scheduled appoitment

Saint Paul Plastic Surgeon

Protruding tummy 8 weeks after tummy tuck

+1
Thank you for your question and photographed.  I agree with other set a seroma must be ruled out.  Collier Dr. and in cyst on being seen now and an ultrasound scan can make a diagnosis.  If you do not have a fluid collection then failure to repair a split muscle called diastases recti could also be the cause.

Brooke R. Seckel, MD, FACS

8 weeks post full TT and look 3 months pregnant! And getting worse?

+1
We MUST rule out fluid collection vs muscle laxity... This can on,y be accomplished by doing a scan..// 

Tummy tuck

+1
Call the office and be seen sooner.

A tummy tuck can be done as a solitary procedure. Many times the results are enhanced by adding liposuction to the hip and love handle area. A tummy tuck is also done in combination with a breast augmentation in a mommy makeover.

Please find an experienced Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and member of the Aesthetic Society using the Smart Beauty Guide. These Plastic Surgeons can guide you on all aspects of facial surgery, breast augmentation and body procedures including tummy tucks or mommy makeovers!

Robert Whitfield, MD, FACS

Time to visit your surgeon

+1
You look too slender to have so much fullness in the lower abdomen. Assuming that your bowels are moving well, most likely this is a fluid collection (did you mean you had no drain when you said "loop"??). This is called a seroma and can be drained.

Other possible issues include a disruption of the muscle repair. I would suggest that you call your doctor today and get right in for a check up.

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Seroma after tummy tuck

+1
Dear abby,

From your description and your photos you may have a seroma which is a collection of healing fluid.  The seroma, if present can be drained.  This can be done by placing a drain or by inserting a needle.  A drain would allow the continued removal of the seroma until the two surfaces fuse.  Have your plastic surgeon take a look at you earlier rather than later since if it is a seroma it can form a pseudo-bursa which is a layer of scar tissue.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Swelling after tummy tuck

+1
You should see your Dr sooner than planned. If your picture is accurate. I would be concerned. That's a little more than normal p/op swelling.

please check it out.

John Sampson, MD
Jackson Plastic Surgeon