How can you tell if your chin implant has shifted or moved out of place?

I just had chin augmentation/implant surgery two and a half days ago. I am noticing that one side of my chin, both from the front view and the profile/side view, is larger/more prominent/sitting lower than the other side/half of my chin. Is this normal after having a chin implant surgery (due to uneven swelling) or has my chin implant slipped/shifted out of place? What does a slipped/shifted chin implant look like--how can you tell if there is a problem?

Uneven swelling is possible following a chin augmentation. An in-person exam would be necessary to determine whether there is an issue with your implant shifting. I would recommend following up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of you recovery.

It Is Hard To Tell If a Chin Implant Shifted 2 Days After Chin Augmentation

The first week after chin augmentation, there is swelling present. The swelling may be worse on one side creating an lopsided or asymmetric appearance. It can take 2-3 months for all of the swelling to resolve.

A plastic surgeon can tell if the implant shifted or is in the wrong location by an examination. After I look and feel the chin implant, and have a good idea if the implant shifted or moved. I would have you PS take a look at it.