How can you tell if your chin implant has shifted or moved out of place?

I just had chin augmentation/implant surgery two and a half days ago. I am noticing that one side of my chin, both from the front view and the profile/side view, is larger/more prominent/sitting lower than the other side/half of my chin. Is this normal after having a chin implant surgery (due to uneven swelling) or has my chin implant slipped/shifted out of place? What does a slipped/shifted chin implant look like--how can you tell if there is a problem?

+1

Uneven swelling is possible following a chin augmentation. An in-person exam would be necessary to determine whether there is an issue with your implant shifting. I would recommend following up with your surgeon so he/she can examine you. I hope this helps, and I wish you the best of luck with the remainder of you recovery.

It Is Hard To Tell If a Chin Implant Shifted 2 Days After Chin Augmentation

+1

The first week after chin augmentation, there is swelling present. The swelling may be worse on one side creating an lopsided or asymmetric appearance. It can take 2-3 months for all of the swelling to resolve.

A plastic surgeon can tell if the implant shifted or is in the wrong location by an examination. After I look and feel the chin implant, and have a good idea if the implant shifted or moved. I would have you PS take a look at it.

Jonathan Kulbersh, MD
Charlotte Facial Plastic Surgeon