Tummy Tuck Complications Ruining my Life?

February of 13, I had an extended tummy tuck due to excess skin from weight loss and child bearing. PE the day after surgery. Put on lovenox and coumadin. Day after release, bled into abdomen. Transfusions, second surgery to cauterize any bleeders, and IVC filter placed. Filter was removed and now back on coumadin. had fluid in my upper abdomen drained, have developed a seroma, which no one will drain while on blood thinners. Upper abd distended/uncomfortable. Will this water balloon ever go away?

You will be fine but will take time

+2

I am sorry about your experience post body lift. This is rare but it does happen and your surgeon will do his/her best. Human body is remarkable and it will heal itself. You been through more that you expecting and continue to see your surgeon for best outcome. 

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

+2

Greetings, thromboembolism is the most feared complication in plastic surgery as it can lead to death, fortunately you have been treated properly for this complication,  the seroma should not be your main concern because  it  will be  resolved satisfactorily sooner or later  , your attention should be  focused  on doing well in all of this following  the instructions of your doctor,  keep the faith and optimism, good luck

Jose Luis Acosta Collado, MD

Complications after a tummy tuck

+2

Hang in there!  It sounds like you had a bumpy course afterward, but with careful attention to your issues it sounds like you'll have a full recovery.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Tummy Tuck and Significant Postoperative Complications?

+2

I am very sorry to hear about the serious complications you have experienced after tummy tuck surgery.  As you know,  your situation is quite complicated and, despite good intentions, online consultants will not be in a position to provide you with meaningful advice and/or reassurance. At this point, best to continue close follow-up with your plastic surgeon who I am sure is very concerned.  Hopefully, your body will begin to resorb the fluid accumulation.  Your doctors are wise in  being very careful about avoiding further complications with drainage procedures.

Best wishes for  an otherwise uneventful recovery.

Postop seromas often complicate postop hematomas after abdominoplasty.

+1

The price you are paying for the body recontouring may not seem worth it to you. These problems will eventually resolve although it can take some time. I wish you the best.