Signs of Good Results With Coolsculpting?

I had my love handles treated with Coolsculpting yesterday. I am a fairly thin person, so the small applicator was used. When the applicator was taken off, I did not see a "stick of butter". Would that mean my results will not be as dramatic? Also, is feeling soreness around or above/but not the actual area treated a bad sign as well? I also feel no tingling or prickling, but I have little red dots (bruises?) on the upper portion of the love handles.

Coolsculpting result predictors

+2

The best predictor for a excellent Coolsculpting result is proper patient selection assessed by the surgeon. The most susceptible fat can be easily identified by your surgeon. Good candidates demonstrate consistently excellent results.

West Palm Beach Dermatologic Surgeon

Stick of butter is a good sign

+2

the cooling effect of coolsculpting comes from the cooling pads.  the tissue has to be "drawn up" in to the device to actually sit in proximity to these cooling pads.  the "stick of butter" is what you see if the tissue is well frozen.   Some areas respond with a more pronounced frozen effect than others.  For instance, the amount of tissue draw in the abdomen is typically better than that of the love handles.  As for the other symptoms, I would not make too much of them.  Wait, be patient, and if you are not seeing adequate results in about 8 weeks, talk to your doctor.

Results of CoolSculpting

+2

If you did not have the "stick of butter" after the applicator was removed it is likely that there was not adequate contact with the applicator, or that at some point the applicator lost contact. There is a way in which a technician can determine the amount of "grab" or suction. This should be monitored during the treatment

Web reference: http://www.michaellawmd.com/coolsculpting.html

Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

Coolsculpting fat reduction by Zeltiq usually forms a stick of butter

+1

The stick of butter refers to the elevated and hard skin envelope around the frozen fat cells that thaw after CoolSculpting and become softer again. Not all patients develop this, especially if they have minimal fat. Bruising is variable. You may still develop a good result but you should ask your provider the questions as they know your physical examination.

The information provided in Dr. Shelton's answer is for educational purposes only and is not intended to constitute medical advice.  The information provided should not be relied upon as a substitute for consultations with a qualified health professional who may be familiar with your individual medical needs.

Web reference: http://www.thenyac.com/zeltiq/index.html

Will I see a good Coolsculpting Result?

+1

Hi,

It sounds like you are in fairly good shape since you had the small applicator was used for your love handles.  Usually the "stick of butter" results are correlative to the amount of fat that you had.  Usually you see this more with abdominal fat or the large applicator than the smaller applicator.  You will still have a good result since it sounds like you didn't have a lot of fat to start off with.  The pinpoint bruises are normal and can be seen with a higher vacuum to draw the fat into the applicator.  These go away in several days.

Warmly,

Dr. Liu

Web reference: http://www.newportcoastdermatology.com

Newport Beach Dermatologic Surgeon