Can a Poorly Placed Columellar Strut Graft Make a Nasal Tip Appear Overly Rotated?

Surgeon says nothing was done to my nasal tip (per our agreement). We no longer speak. I see in my notes he placed a columellar strut graft. I say it's poorly placed because when that part of my nose moves over the tip of my septum it "clicks" (uncomfortable), & stays in an unnatural position until I manually move it back over. I believe I have a slight "over rotated look" & wonder if this graft is contributing. Can this be solved by being removed? Can over rotation be corrected w/out grafting?

You will need an exam to determine what needs to be done.  It is possible to remove the strut without having to cartilage graft in some instances.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of rhinoplasties and rhinoplasty revisions each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Problems Following Placement of Columellar Strut

Pictures would help when responding to your questions. However, the columellar strut can be reduced, shortened, or re-positioned depending on the problems you have. Over- rotation can sometimes be corrected without another graft.