I Work at a Casino Tons of Second Hand Smoke I Smoke 4-5 a Day Quit Smoking 24 Hours Preop of Brazillian Butt Lift. Dangerous?

I go back to work 9 days postop and i work at a casino iam so scared i might have a blood clot and the smoke will kill my fat transfered. I only quit smokin 24 hours prior and worked tell 3 days prior, am i in major danger? my left knee ankle and foot is swollen iam 7 days post op of my surgery. The swelling hasnt increased at all doesnt hurt at all should i be worried if theres no pain? what should i do? i cant avoid going back to work iam around smoke 8 hours a day.....please give me advise

Questions for YOUR doctor

+3

All of this is a reasonable cause for concern but you are asking the wrong people.  The surgeon you chose to operate on you is the one to ask and they would much rather that you ask them than to go on line to doctors who don't know you.

Second Hand Smoke and Smoking after Brazilian Buttlift

+1

The smoking of 4 to 5 cigarettes a day will likely cause the fat take to be less than optimal and this opens you up to having more complications.  Second hand smoke is less of an issue, but in your particular case, this would not be advised either due to the prolonged exposure.  Please talk with your surgeon to keep him aware of the situation.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Smoking & BBL

+1

Yes, you are correct. Smoking and secondary smoking arround a BBL can be a really bad issue. Please address this issue with your surgeon BEFORE YOUR SURGERY. Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon