Can Fraxel Restore Treatment Impact/melt Belotero Filler?

I've consistently heard that Lasers don't reach the areas where fillers are typically injected; however, it's my understanding that Belotero is injected more superficially. Should this be a concern when it comes to having treatments like Fraxel? What are some of the potential issues?

Lasers' impact on superficial filller placement

+1

Belotero is still fairly new and it's great to have a fine line filler that is working so well. But your question is certainly one to be considered.

Theoretically Fraxel or other fractional lasers could well speed up the degradation of Belotero. As for actually "melting" the product, it may be more that the heat disrupts the structure of the product and that might induce it to break down unevenly from the varied laser-induces heat.

It would probably be wise to either have laser work done first, or wait until your filler has "lived its lifetime".

If you were to have laser first, and wish to have HA fillers in the same area, it's likewise a good idea to wait until any swelling has subsided so the filler placement will be precise.

Irvine Dermatologic Surgeon

Can Lasers "heat away" Belotero?

+1

Hi GFGB.  This is a great question for which I am not sure anyone has an answer yet.  You are correct in your statements that most dermal fillers will be placed deeper than the lasers penetrate and therefore little conflict is seen, but Belotero is a more superficial filler and the interaction may be different.  

I guess caution would be the word of the day with injections done after lasers, but the bottom line is that we won't know until we have seen more of the product and laser performed together.  Good luck.

Web reference: http://www.celibre.com/dermal-fillers.aspx