Constant Pain in Upper Pubic Area, 2 Months After Tummy Tuck?

The day after my TT I realized that the top right side of my pubic area was way more sensitive than everything else. I just though it was part of the whole process (everything was sore). But as time has gone on, this spot is NOTICEABLY tender all of the time. A throbbing pain. Not sore like my stomach. Pain. Called my doc, first available apt isn't for 2 more weeks. It's odd to me that it's getting WORSE as time goes on, and not better. Is this normal? Thoughts on what this could be?10 weeks PO.

Contacting Your Surgeon's Office

+2

You're right to contact your surgeon for an appointment. You might try asking to speak with the doctor or his nursing staff to discuss the pain you're experiencing. Let them know you have concerns and what is going on. Sometimes knowing the specifics will help his office determine whether you should wait the two weeks, which is probably his normal wait time for appointments, or whether they feel it best to make room for you to return sooner. As surgeons we don't like our patients to be in pain, and it is important to find out why it seems to be worsening instead of getting better.

Web reference: http://dr-youngforever.com

San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Pubic Pain after TT

+2

At 10 weeks postop, this problem is most likely due to a pinched sensory nerve.  Usually oral advil is effective at controlling the pain.  The next step I take is steroid injection.  Surgery is usually only done as a last resort.