380cc Moderate Downsize to 285cc High Profile, Can I Use the Same Pocket? (photo)

I want to downsize after 3 or 4 months post ops. I have tight skin and 24years old, good elasticity my ps said. 28" rib with Sientra implants.I am wondering if I want to downsize from 380cc moderate (12.8 wide,4.1 projection) to 285cc (11 W, 4 projection). Can i remain the same pockets without any internal suture fixing? it's 1.8cm different of the width. Is there a possibility that the pocket will adjust itself to accommodate the new implants? My BA was only 6weeks. Please see my photos

380cc Moderate Downsize to 285cc High Profile, Can I Use the Same Pocket?

+1

This may be a reasonable approach, but an exam as well as a discussion of goals for breast shape must be observed.   The pocket should be tightened or reshaped with sutures if the breast shape is improved after the new implants are placed. 

Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Web reference: http://www.hughesplasticsurgery.com/breast-augmentation-revision-photo-galleries.php

Breast Implant Revision

+1

The problem in going to a narrower diameter implant in the same pocket is when you stand upright the implants will occupy the lower outer part of the pocket which will effectively widen the distance between the implants and reduce your cleavage. To prevent this you would either need to put the smaller implant in a new pocket to position tem correctly of close the existing pocket with internal sutures - technically more difficult and unpredictable. Be sure to see a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in aesthetic breast surgery for more information. Good luck!

Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing and same pocket

+1

It certainly is possible to use the same pocket but you may need internal sutures to adjsut teh pocket size for the new implant.  Hard to say without evaluating you and treating you in surgery.

+1

MUCH to early to revise size. You need to wait at least 6 months. And yes the lateral pockets will need to be repair via capsularraphy. 

Too early post surgery to do revision or down size the implants

+1

You are too early after surgery to do exchange and lets see your pictures 3 months post-op to discuss the options at that time .

New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Downsizing implants

+1

Yes, you should be able to downsize 100 cc's or so without any problems. The capsule will gradually shrink to fit the new implant.

Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon