Do I Have a C-shaped Deformity Post Rhinoplasty? (photo)

5 weeks post op I seem to have developed quite a few problems. Hard round lumps either side of my bridge, another hard lump where a dorsal hump was removed. My nose also looks lop-sided - One side of my nose is very defined, and the skin is taut right up to the nasal bone, whilst the other looks to be more swollen still but feels built up and bony. Also my nostrils are lop-sided too. Have I developed a c-shape deformity? If yes, how soon do I have to wait for correction. It's v stressful!

C-shaped bridge

+2

Although it is early to make a final judgement, you may be showing early signs of a deviated septum which may have not been corrected at the time of surgery.  Five weeks post surgery is still very early for you to judge the results of your surgery - be patient and follow up with your surgeon

C-shaped deformity following rhinoplasty

+1

i agree with what has been said.  1) better photos would be helpful. 2) looks like some asymmtery is present. 3) too early to privide a final evaluation.  5 wks is very early in terms of rhinoplasty results.  wait some time and dont consider revision until 1 full year.  do keep in mind that statistically 15% of rhinopalsty patients go on to desire some type of revision/enahnacement.  you may turn out to be one of those people.

Adam Bryce Weinfeld, MD
San Angelo Plastic Surgeon

C-shaped deformity

+1

The photos are a bit difficult to visualize, but you do have some asymmetry,  At present there is nothing to do but let things settle and heal.  You need to give it 6 months to a year before considering a revision.

C shape after rhinoplasty

+1

I have to admit, after 30 years of rhinoplasty I did not know what the C shape thing was all about and I don't see much in you photo, except exceptional facial asymmery. Your upper lip to chin is squewed to one side, and it is not just about your nose. On your computer print one picture, and then use the 'flip' and print again. Cut both on a line from tip of nose to middle forhead and match them up. Still you, but then again, not really. Your nose will be fine, though you will have to accept compromise, and wait a full year to let it sort out.

Best of luck, Peter Johnson, MD

Deviated nose

+1

Virtually all patients have facial asymmetry and therefore nasal deviation. Although it will take over a year for complete recovery, revision can be done at about 6 months specially if it is for correction of deviation of nasal pyramid. The septum will also have to be corrected at that time.

Mohsen Tavoussi, MD, DO
Huntington Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty and c shaped deformity.

+1

It looks like you have this. It is best to see your surgeon to deteine when to revise this. Your nose is still swollen for 6-12 months.