I Have Had 2 C-sections I Am Wondering if I Should get a Mini Tummy Tuck or the Slimlipo?

I am 23 yrs old i weigh 127 lbs. I have a pouch that I hate severly I do have stretch marks their not horrible but if I turn to the side the kinda shine a little bit. I want my skin to not hang after the procedure is done, and I want my stretch marks to fade if possible what would anyone recommend? I need help please

Mini Tummy Tuck

+1

The Slim Lipo is not enough to contract the loose skin.  A mini TT may be enough.  Consult with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and they will guide you through the decision of mini TT or full TT.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Mini Tummy Tuck or Liposuction?

+1

Neither of the proposed operations will give you a satisfactory result.

Liposuction will lead you with loose/irregular skin and an  unsatisfactory cosmetic result

In my opinion, the mini tummy talk is an  operation that  produces very limited results and is very rarely indicated. It involves a shorter incision but does not address the majority of the abdominal wall issues present for most patients who present consultation. For example, the area of skin excised is quite small. The abdominal wall musculature is addressed below the umbilicus leaving the upper number wall potentially lax. The appearance of the umbilicus is not necessarily addressed sufficiently.
For most patients who have had pregnancies and/or weight loss a full abdominoplasty is necessary to achieve the desired results. Of course, there are downsides (including a longer scar and probably a longer recovery time) but for most patients the benefits outweigh the downsides. It is not unusual to see patients who've had mini tummy tuck  surgery present for  revisionary surgery.
It is important to work with a well experienced board-certified plastic surgeon to obtain advice (based on good ethics and judgment) to  improve your chances of a successful outcome and minimize the need for further surgery.

Mini tummy tuck after multiple C-sections

+1

A mini tummy tuck is a safe and effective procedure that can create a more contoured abdomen, a tight waist and a beautiful figure.

In our practice your Miami, we have many many patients that have received abdominal contouring after childbirth and C-sections. We love working with these patients because they're terrific moms but also because the C-section provides an opportunity to improve the scar and give the patient a beautiful result. If the patient does not have skin damage or stretch marks and the muscle is in good condition, we may recommend liposuction alone. However, if the patient has extra skin, stretch marks or could use a rejuvenation of the bellybutton, a mini tummy tuck is the way to go. Be sure that you are working with a board-certified plastic surgeon that has great deal of experience in liposuction, tummy tucks, and body contouring surgery.

Pat Pazmino, MD

Mini or full tummy tuck: I vote for full (PHOTOS)

+1

Gieen the appearance of you belly on the photo, it is my opinion that you would benefit from a full tummy tuck.

Tummy tuck best after C-sections and loose skin

+1

Though no one can give definitive advice based only on a picture, it appears very unlikely that any brand of liposuction with or without the laser would tighten the skin enough. Some version of a tummy tuck, mini or more likely full, is going to give a better result. Your existing C-section scar would be used.

Richard Baxter, MD

Liposuction or tummy tuck

+1

If you have loose skin, it will only get looser after liposuction. You may be better off with a full tummy tuck but I couldn't be sure without an exam.

Post-pregnancy problems - how to fix.

+1

Thank you for submitting a photo. After pregnancy, there are two issues that need to be addressed to achieve a nice contour to the abdomen. The skin itself may be stretched and those stretch marks can only be removed by excision. The larger issue is the underlying separation of the muscles. This leads to bulging which many women think is purely fat. The bulging is repaired in a tummy tuck by bringing the muscles back together in the midline of the abdomen. This eliminates the bulge and can act as an "internal corset." Given the single photo and no exam, it's impossible to accurately give you a recommendation. Find a few board certified plastic surgeons in your area to hear their recommendations and see their own results.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Your best option is a tummy tuck, not liposuction.

+1

Your photos show that for the best result you should consider a full tummy tuck, with repair of the muscles and removal of the excess skin.  This will firm up the foundation of your abdomen so when the excess skin is pulled down and trimmed off, you will have a flat stomach with  as much of the stretch marks as possible removed.  Liposuction can not achieve as good a result as your skin quality is not what it was prior to the 2 pregnancies and liposuction only removes fat, it does not firm up skin.  If you are planning more baby's you should wait, as the results from surgery could be undone.

Jeffrey M. Darrow, MD

Have you finished having babies?

+1

At the expense of being nosey, I always ask a lady whether she has further pregnancy plans because while it's possible to carry a baby to full term with a tummy tuck, the results will invariably be "undone".  I agree with the other consultants that a full tummy tuck +/- lipo would achieve your objectives of making your tummy flat and eliminating the majority of your stretch marks, however you should also consider whether you want another baby, before signing up for surgery. 

Lavinia Chong, MD

Abdominal contouring after 2 c-sections

+1

After 2 sections, to improve your tummy contour, you will most likely require a full tummy tuck +/- lipo of your waist.  A tummy tuck (also called abdominoplasty) is a very popular cosmetic surgery procedure for Moms. A tummy tuck can be an effective tool for shaping and sculpting the body for better body appearance and improved self esteem.

Sometimes no amount of diet and exercise can create a flat tummy. Tummy tuck plastic surgery actually tightens abdominal muscles and removes excess fat and skin from the stomach area to create a tighter, slimmer, smoother belly. A tummy tuck can be combined with other procedures such as liposuction of your waists or flanks (i.e. love handles) to fine tune your result.

I recommend you visit with an ASPS member plastic surgeon to further explore your options and to find out if you are a candidate for this procedure

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS