Possible to Have a Tummy Tuck After 4 C-sections?

I had four c-sections, three are bikini cut and one goes from my belly button down. Is it possible for me to have a tummy tuck?

Tummy Tuck after c-sections

+1

Hi there-

Only an examining surgeon could say for sure, but your c-sections and their scars should not preclude you from proceeding.

Find a surgeon certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery and visit for a consult.

C-section and Tummy Tuck.

+1

Not only is it possible.  You are going to look great.  The tummy tuck scar will at the level of your bikini c-section scars and usually all of the vertical incision can be removed.  Obviously, your surgeon will determine if you are a candidate for tummy tuck after careful medical and physical evaluation.  Good luck!

Dustin L. Reid, MD

Tummy Tuck After 4 CSections

+1

The history of 4 C-sections is not a contraindication for a tummy tuck.   As my colleagues have suggestion, your surgeon will need to review your health status, past medical history, smoking status, etc to ascertain whethere indeed you are a good candidate for a tummy contouring procedure.  Best of luck

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck works after several c-sections.

+1

Hi.

The number of c-sections is not important.  You are probably a good candidate for a tummy tuck.  But the exact technique is what gives you a good result. There are at least six different ways to do a tummy tuck. 

So the real question is how do you find a good plastic surgeon.  I have an article on my profile that gives you suggestions.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)

Tummy tuck after 4 c-sections

+1

Sure your are a good candidate to have a tummy tuck after 4 c-sections. Go see 3 boarded PS's to evaluate you. But first are you sure you are done with pregnancies?

From MIAMI Dr. B

Tummy tuck after multiple C-sections often a very good idea

+1

Multiple pregnancies are the number one reason for having a tummy tuck, and having had the C-sections makes it even more so. The advantage in your case is that the vertical scar wouild be removed, and your abdominoplasty scar will likely be where your horizontal scar already is or lower. You should see a plastic surgeon who does a lot of tummy tucks, because with multiple prior surgeries of any type in the abdomen there can be surprises such as undetected hernias.

Richard Baxter, MD

4 C-Sections do NOT Rule Out a Tummy Tuck

+1

If you are a healthy, non-obese, non-smoker with abdominal wall looseness a full Tummy Tuck may be THE operation for you. In the vast majority of women, it will flatten the tummy, narrow the waist, raise a sagging Mons pubis, smooth the dimpling of the upper anterior thighs AND remove all the stretch marked skin between the C-section scar and the current belly button. In your case, that means the vertical scars would be gone.

Good Luck.

Dr. P. Aldea

Tummy tucks are great after C-sections to tighten the muscles and remove the excess skin

+1

It sounds as though you're a good candidate for a tummy tuck, but it's difficult to give you an exact answer without actually seeing you.  If you have enough excess skin, both scars may be amenable to removal.  Also, your stomach muscles can be tightened during the tummy tuck giving you a flatter stomach and narrower waist.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS