Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck? Four c-sectoins and BMI of 35. (photo)

I've had 4 c sections and 35bmi My large hanging abdomen has me really depressed. Am I a candidate or Whats suitable?

Candidate for tummy tuck

I would say you are a candidate for a tummy tuck and probably a tightening of your muscles.Whenever there is loose skin the only alternative to get rid of it is to cut it can't shrink wrap it.It is an outpatient procedure.Happy New Year.

Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

3700 Central Avenue
Fort Myers, FL 33901

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck? Four c-sectoins and BMI of 35.

Hello, based on this photo-- it is impossible to give an accurate recommendation. However, the average woman after multiple child births and a BMI of 35--- it is safe to assume that your lower abdomen has excessive skin and fat. This  then would make you an ideal candidate for a Tummy Tuck. Keep in mind the incision site will be a very low smile type incision that will include and remove your previous C-section scar. The incision for a TT is usually from one hip bone to the other hip bone as low on the body as possible.

Thomas Trevisani, Sr., MD

80 West Gore St
Orlando, FL 32806

Tummy Tuck

With the attached picture it is difficult to advise an in person consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes in Tummy Tuck or Mommy Makeover would be your best bet.

Antoine A. Hallak, MD, FACS

16766 Bernardo Center Drive
San Diego, CA 92128

Are you a candidate?

Thank you for the question and your picture.

To best help you, please send in some pictures consisting of a front, back, left and right side view of your body in order to determine which procedures and techniques would be best for your case and that way come out with the best review.

Jaime Campos Leon, MD
Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Torre 7, José Clemente Orozco 2230 Zona Rio
Tijuana, Baja California 22010

Am I a candidate for a tummy tuck? Four c-sections and BMI of 35.

The tummy tuck would be able to address loose skin and tighten the abdominal wall.

Find a plastic surgeon who performs hundreds of tummy tuck procedures each year. Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.

435 North Roxbury Drive
Beverly Hills, CA 90210

Tummy tuck after 4 c-sections

You are absolutely a candidate for a tummy tuck (abdominoplasty).  

After 4 pregnancies you will need to have your abdominal muscles tightened in addition to removal of the excess skin.  Be sure to see a Plastic Surgeon certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and insist on seeing a complete portfolio of pre- and post-op pictures so you can gauge your surgeon's experience level and the results that are reasonable to expect.

Daniel Greenwald, MD

1208 East Kennedy Blvd
Tampa, FL 33602

Studies show...

that high BMI patients (above 30) are more likely to have surgical complications.  So, to reduce your risk of complications, try to lose weight before surgery, and get your BMI down to 30 or less.

Thomas Fiala, MD

220 East Central Parkway
Altamonte Springs, FL 32701

BMI 30 or less for safe tummy tuck surgery

Many plastic surgeons will advise you to get your weight down to a BMI of less than 30 in order to minimize the risk of complications from tummy tuck or mommy makeover surgery. There is no reason to take unnecessary risks.

Richard Baxter, MD

6100 219th St SW
Mountlake Terrace, WA 98043

Rather high BMI. Best to try weight loss before this type of surgery. Consult your local boarded PS..

6330 Manor Lane
Miami, FL 33143