Brazilian Butt Lift - Safe for 40 Year Old, 3 C-Sections?

i want a brazilian butt lift and want to know how safe is it for a 40 year old woman who has had 3 c-sections.my last one was a year ago.i cant shake this belly fat and my butt is gone and i look mis-shaped with hips and thighs..big belly and no butt..help!!

Brazilian Butt lift will improve your figure

+3

I think its reasonable to combine liposuction of the tummy, flanks and other areas with a Brazilian Butt lift. I would not recommend combining a BBL with a tummy tuck- the positioning during recovery would be challenging and would likely compromise the result of the BBL.

Safety and Proper Age for Brazilian Butt Lift

+3

While I do not like the term Brazilian Butt Lift, the merits of this fat transfer to the buttocks technique are high. Transferring the fat to the buttocks is beneficial in augmenting and shaping the buttocks. In addition it is a great complement to other techniques such as tiummy tucks. In your age, it is a phenomenal procedure because once your liposuction the fat and shape the curves of the body, then transferring it to the buttocks comlpletes the entire body sillhouette.  I really focus on the whole body three dimensionally and always hate to throw precious fat away. It should be used whenever possible because it contains stem cells and augmenting deflated tissue is a very powerful rejuvenative technique, whether it is the buttock, hips, or face.  Your surgeon will determine the type and looseness of your skin to see what type of skin tightening procedure is also needed along with the buttock lift.

Ashkan Ghavami, MD

Brazilian butt lift is a safe operation

+2
Age is really not a contraindication for a surgical procedure. As long as you are healthy and don't have any medical conditions that would make you a poor candidate for surgery, you can have a Brazilian butt lift.

Irvin M. Wiesman, MD

Buttock augmentation

+2

Absolutely.  The main issue, that I have encountered, is whether there is enough fat.  The more the better!

Shahin Javaheri, MD

Brazilian Butt Lift and Age

+2

you are 40 years young!  What's much more important than age is your overall health status (past medical history) as well as your anatomy.  Based on a formal evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeon will determine your treatment plan. 

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Candidate for Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

If you are otherwise in good general health, it sounds as if you would be an excellent candidate for this procedure. IT is quite likely that you would benefit from a mini tummy tuck as well

Brazilian Butt enhancement

+2

Your general health is the most important factor. If you are healthy for general anesthesia and are cleared for surgery after, complete history and physical exam. blood work, electrocardiogram , and cleared by your internist, then you can go ahead.

You have multiple options. Liposuction and brazilian butt. or  Abdominoplasty and Dermis fat graft to buttocks for buttock enhancement

Buttock augmentation in a 40 year old

+2

If you have had multiple pregnancies and have loose abdominal skin, you may need a tummy tuck at the same time as your buttock augmentation.  This will allow the fat from your lower abdomen to be used (instead of discarded) for your buttock augmentation.  This procedure can take about five hours so you need to have medical clearance from your primary care physician (EKG, labs, etc) prior to surgery. Staying overnight at an aftercare facility is also a good idea to help in your recovery. 

One of the most difficult parts of the recovery is the position; meaning you must avoid sitting for about two weeks to prevent injury and trauma to the newly transferred delicate fat cells.  You can sleep on your side and sit with pillows under your thighs to minimize trauma to the fat.

Dr. Bruno

William Bruno, MD

Not too old for Brazilian Butt Lift

+2

Your age of 40 most certainly does not preclude you from considering a Brazilian Butt Lift, also known as fat injections to the buttocks. The real question is not age but whether your anatomy and expectations qualifies you for the procedure. Do you have enough fat to harvest to do the procedure? Is the size and anatomy of your buttocks likely to be improved with fat injections? Is the size that fat injections can achieve with your buttock shape and size to start with going to be acceptable to you? Is the risk of poor fat injection take acceptable? These are the important questions not age.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD