Is It Possible to Remove C-section Scar Without a Tummy Tuck?

I have a c-section scar and 4 inches of skin on top of it that I wouldlike to get rid of. It's only a small roll but it bothers me. I don't want a mini tummy tuck. I just like to get that part of skin cut away, is that possible?

Fixing a C-section scar without a tummy tuck

+2

It is possible to perform a revision of the C-section scar and limited liposuction to the area just above it. However, this combination of surgeries is very close to what a mini tummy tuck would entail. Your best bet is to be evaluated by a board-certified plastic surgeon is a great deal of experience in abdominoplasty and scar revision. They will be able to review your options with you and help you decide if you only need this limited combination or if you would benefit from a mini tummy tuck. It is possible to perform a small mini tummy tuck and limit the incision to just beyond the length of your C-section scar.

To learn more about tummy tucks, see photos, and help you decide which one is best for you, please visit us at the link below:

Scar revision = mini tummy tuck

+1

You can certainly request any procedure you want but to some degree it comes down to semantics. There is very little difference between a scar revisions and a mini tummy tuck. Removing 4 inches of skin amounts to 10 cm which is a substantial amount of skin, About the only difference is avoiding the muscle repair plus or minus liposuction. So you are essentially having a skin only mini tummy tuck or a c-section scar revision.

Scar revision

+1

A discussion with yoru surgeon is of course important.  Certainly if this is all you want it can be done but a more pleasing aesthetic result probably would require a more involved procedure.

Glorified scar revision

+1

This will be a glorified scar revision but it is possible. This roll could be removed under local anaesthesia. You scar will have to be longer to be able to remove the the whole length of the roll.

Hisham Seify, MD, PhD, FACS

What you want IS a kind of mini tummy tuck.

+1

Hi!  The C section scar and the overhanging roll above it can be easily corrected under local anesthesia and a little sedation. Nothing else needs to be done.  It doesn't really matter what you call the procedure.  You can call it a big scar revision.

George J. Beraka, MD (retired)