C-Section Scar Tissue Pain 4 Years Later, is this normal?

I had an emergency c-section 4 years ago. Bad surgery. A year and a half later I found a general surgeon (3rd try) who fixed an umbilical hernia. I still have internal hard scar tissue along the incision, increasing lower back pain, abdominal cramps (MUCH more painful than before the c-section), etc. I've lost 60 lbs since a few months after the c-section and the pain seems to get worse. I'm not concerned with cosmetics (just the pain) but don't know what type of dr/procedure to look into.

Pain

+1

I suggest for you to speak directly to your gynecologist so he or she can guide you in to what follows.

Good luck,
Dr. Campos

Mexico Plastic Surgeon

Pain years after C section

+1
  1. Weight loss and increasing pain require a complete evaluation until the cause is found and treated.
  2. Start with a Board Certified gynecologist, pelvic ultrasound and probably a CT scan.
  3. If no explanation is found, then consult a general surgeon.

Elizabeth Morgan, MD, PhD