Vaser Liposuction or Smart Lipo for Pouch After C-section?

I had a caeserean section last year in November. I have a pouch and some fat around the stomach that I am interested in getting rid of. I do not want a Tummy Tuck because I would like to have more kids in the future. Should I condiser Vaser liposuction or Smart Lipo?

Vaser Liposuction VS SmartLipo for Stomach Pooch

+1

As long as you realize that the tummy pooch is most likely due mostly to a stretched out tummy wall and muscle separation (due to the pregnancy) and secondarily to some fat excess, liposuction may improve but will NOT flatten a post-pregnancy pooch.

VASER Lipo-selection is superior to SmartLipo in fat removal without destruction of blood vessels, lymphatics and nerves going through the fat. While the VASER technique selectively (IE the term Lipo-selection) shakes fat cells and empties them while leaving other structures largely intact, the SmartLipo literally heats/cooks the fat and everything that runs through it in an effort to tighten the overlying skin. (This has NOT been proven in an objective studies but that has not stopped the company and doctors who purchased this 160K machine from making such claims). The likelihood of skin dimpling and burns appears to be higher with the SmartLipo.

Lipo

+1

Smart lipo is ok if the area is small and the amount of fat also small.  Anything more substantial you'd be probably better off investigating Vaser.  I suggest consultation/s with ABPS plastic surgeon/s with these skills.

Edmond A. Zingaro, MD