C Cup - Do I Need an Implant w/ Lift?

I'm a C Cup I'm Happy with my Size,but They Are Sagging,Whow Small the Implant Can Be. I'm 5'5 180lbs w a pear shape, c cupbut saggin, whow small can be the implant to lift and support the breast. thanks

Breast Lift: Do you need a breast implant.

+4

A breast lift or mastopexy is designed to reposition the nipple and reshape the breast. It usually requires removal of skin and the addition of scars to the breast. It can tighten the breast envelope which can make the breast look slightly smaller, however the tissue can also be repositioned to mimic the look of an implant. If you get a breast lift you do not necessarily need an implant as this can increase your volume too much, leading to poor scar quality and recurrent sagging. In your case, it appears you have enough volume which can be repositioned and shaped to avoid an implant, or give you the ability to add an implant in a second stage rather than going head first with a mastopexy with an implant and adding an increased degree of difficulty to an already complex procedure.

Good Candidate for a Short Scar Breast Lift

+2

Regarding: "C Cup - Do I Need an Implant w/ Lift?
"

You answered your own question: "I'm Happy with my Size ". All you need is a short Scar Breast Lift (Hall Findlay). You do NOT need a breast implant. Used properly breast implant fill and add volume to the breast but do not significantly lift or support it. To the contrary. Using large implants to avoid a breast lift scar results in stretched out heavier breasts which sag faster and require a more involved breast operation.

You should do quite well with a short scar breast lift!

Dr. Peter Aldea

Breast augmentation and mastopexy

+1

Thanks for the question and pictures.

I think you will definitely benefit from breast lifting surgery plus or minus breast  implants (if you want to increase breast size or superior pole volume).

There are a variety of different mastopexy procedures that are available depending on the patient's specific needs and goals. I would recommend consultation with well experienced board-certified plastic surgeons for direct examination. This consultation will allow you to get the best advice in your specific situation.

Otherwise,  in order to achieve your goals it will be very important to communicate with your surgeon.  In my practice, the use of photographs of “goal” pictures (and breasts that are too big or too small) is very helpful. I have found that the use of words such as “natural” or “C cup” or "fake looking" means different things to different people and therefore prove unhelpful.

Also, as you know, cup size varies depending on who makes the bra; therefore, discussing desired cup  size may also be inaccurate.
I use  intraoperative sizers and place the patient in the upright position to evaluate breast size. Use of these sizers also allow me to select the press implant profile (low, moderate, moderate plus, high-profile) that would most likely achieve the patient's goals. The patient's goal pictures are hanging on the wall, and allow for direct comparison.
I have found that this system is very helpful in improving the chances of achieving the patient's goals as consistently as possible.
By the way, the most common regret after this operation, is “I wish I was bigger”.

Breast implant & lift?

+1

If you are happy with your breast size, then just have a breast lift and skip the implant. Adding the implant may have more complications and the possibility of more surgery in the future.

Karol A. Gutowski, MD, FACS

C cup interested in implants?

+1

If you're already a good volume then as you suspect, no there is no reason for you to have breast implants.  A good lifting technique will improve the shape of your breasts to a very nice and youthful look.

Ricardo A. Meade, MD

Lift with implant

+1

It's great that you recognize that you need a lift.  When the breasts sag they tend to look smaller without a bra because the breast has enlongated.  When you lift the breasts they project  more giving it a perkier almost larger appearence. 

Adding an implant will add volume to the breast, particularly the upper pole.  In some women a lift alone will not sufficiently add volume to the upper pole.  If you like the size and shape of your breast when you are wearing a supportive (not push up) bra, you will probably do fine without implants.  Implants are not without complications.  Remember, implants can always be placed later, after the lift procedure, if you want more volume.

LaDawn Talbott, MD
Reno Plastic Surgeon

"are you happy with the size of your breasts when you wear a bra?"

+1

this is the key question to whether you need implants or not.  if, when you wear a bra, you are happy with the size of your breasts, you should be fine with just a lift.  the idea behind a lift is that you are preserving the volume of the breast, while removing skin, to reshape the breast.  like tailoring the skin so that it holds up the breast like your bra does.  if, on the other hand, even with a bra on, you would like to be fuller, you would then need an implant.  most surgeons, myself included, don't think it is worth putting in an implant if you are going to go much smaller than 250cc or so.

Eric Chang, MD

Lift and/or implant

+1

You need a lift with or without the implants. The implants willnot do it alone the breast and nipple have to be elevated.

Lift and fat grafting

+1

You have mild to moderate sagging and implants will not help to lift your breast. You will need to have breast lift . If you like to have more upper pole  fullness and cleavage,I would recommend lift and fat grafting at the same time.

Kamran Khoobehi, MD
New Orleans Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation with Lift

+1

A small implant, around 150-200cc would be enough to support the lift and give you some upper pole fullness.   

C. Andrew Salzberg, MD
Westchester Plastic Surgeon