Will Implants Appear Larger As They Heal?

I was a C cup and had 700 cc's high profile round saline 3 weeks ago n they don't look much bigger will they get fuller n big? I was about a 36 c cup pre-op and had 700 cc's high profile saline round implants over the muscle 3 weeks ago. Post op they looked nice and full now they are much smaller. Will they fluff and drop or is that only behind the chest wall implants? Will they bigger or smaller as time goes by?

+1

Will Implants Appear Larger As They Heal? Yes they appear larger due to swelling and the fact that they tend to ride high for several months.

Appearance of implants as time goes by

+1

At 1 month or so, the breasts will pretty much look about the same volume as they will over the long haul. Yes, they may decrease in total volume slightly as the final swelling dissipate.

Breast Size Does Change After Surgery

+1

In general, at one month most women have lost about 10% of the volume they had right after surgery.  This is because the swelling goes down and the implants settle into position.  The terms drop and fluff refer to any implant, regardless of placement, but it sounds like you are going through that already.  The implants settle a little lower and they round out more at the bottom.  You still have some changes to go, but realistically  you are not going to get that much bigger from where you are currently.

Christopher V. Pelletiere, MD
Barrington Plastic Surgeon

Breast sixze after implants

+1

I advise patients to not assess their results after implants for a number of weeks. The initial surgery can produce swelling that exaggerate the look while at the same time the soft tissues over the implants may be relatively tight and constrict the implants. The tissues should stretch and loosen over time causing the implants to more positively affect the breast size.

Robin T.W. Yuan, MD

Implants looking smaller

+1

If you had 700 cc saline implants and do not notice a difference from pre-op, then you really need to go see your surgeon and make sure that the implants are not leaking.  There should be a visible difference in the size of your breasts.  After surgery, there is always some swelling, which settles over the following few weeks, which may change what you saw immediately after surgery.  Good luck.  

David Shafer, MD