Will C Cup Breasts Plus 360cc Breast Implants Equal Dd Cups?

I had a consultation in December for Breast implants. Will 360cc give me my desired cup size of a DD? I currently wear a 34C which I think to be wrong personally.

I am 5'9'' and around 10 stone (140 lbs). I just want a womaly figure. I've not booked my surgery just yet, just need some advice please.

Implants choices

+1

It is hard to say whether or not the volume you selected would be best to reach the desired size. You can do a baggy test of try sizers on to see how the volume fits in a bra for you.

Choosing breast implants

+1

As Dr. Placik suggested, try on some sizers in a garment to see what size looks good on you and don't focus on achieving a desired cup size as garments aren't made to any standard. 

Richard P. Rand, MD, FACS

Which breast implant would be best for me?

+1

Hi there-

One of the things I find most interesting is the amount of misinformation the average patient must sift through when researching breast augmentation surgery. In particular, I think that many patients become overwhelmed with implant choices and the abundance of information about these options available on the Web.

This is complicated once they contact a surgeon or two for information about the implants, and which is most likely to give them the result they desire. Somewhere along the way, opinions expressed by a surgeon are perceived as fact by a prospective patient (because of the surgeon's reputation or the apparent strength of his/her opinion), who then becomes more confused when she hears a differing opinion.

This leads to ridiculously technical questions being posted on sites like RealSelf and others, such as:

"I am 5'5", 125 lbs, my measurements are 34, 22, 36. I have had 3 babies, all by C-section, and I breast fed two of them. My breasts sag a little, but not as much as some women I have seen. I want to have a full C-cup breast. Should I get 325 cc Allergan 410 style implants, or Mentor 350 cc Moderate profile implants. Projection is more important to me than a natural shape..."

Every time I get one of these over-thought questions, I always think the same thing... ???????

Let's take a big step back from the trees here and take a look at the forrest in front of us, shall we?

Fundamentally, the reason any woman seeks breast augmentation is because she wants to achieve a certain appearance, right? Let's repeat that- to achieve a certain appearance. NOT a certain bra size, or a certain implant volume, or even a certain implant type. When you first stared to think you might want an augmentation, you didn't think, "I would like it if I could have 350cc implants"... You probably thought, "I would love to look like that (after admiring another woman's breasts)..."

So if we can agree that what you are really after is an appearance you would be happier with (as I always tell my patients), let's make the desired appearance the focus of our communications...Let us both ignore bra sizes (which are not standardized and the choice of which is very arbitrary) and implant types/sizes (for now)... Let's first understand what you want to look like. I think you would agree that if we are able to make you look the way you wanted to look, the letter on your bra and the number on your implant is lees important, right? Help me understand what you want to look like, and I can give you a very accurate recommendation of options for achieving that appearance -- provided a careful physical examination has also occurred.

Why is the exam so critical? After all, can't we just put small implants in women who want small breasts and larger implants into those who want larger ones?

The exam is critical, because for any one particular woman, there are only a few good choices of implants available, regardless of her goals, and these options are arrived at by taking careful stock of her breast tissue, skin, and frame. In other words, your anatomy will, to a large extent, help us understand the implant options that would make you look the best. This is the "One Right Result" concept. The taking of these measurements is so important, I do it myself every time, and based on these measurements and my patient's goals, then make recommendations regarding the implant options available to her (as these options would be different for different women).

While (as with any aesthetic procedure) no guarantee of outcome can be given, you are much more likely to achieve your desired outcome if you focus on communicating your desired appearance successfully with a skilled and experienced, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon than by over-researching the implants and micro-managing the details of the surgery. In fact, I can think of no better way for you to increase the odds of you ending up dissatisfied.

So don't over-think it. Think carefully about the appearance you want, communicate it carefully to your surgeon (using photos if possible), and make sure that the implant choice arrived at by the two of you together is based on both your anatomy and your goal. You'll be happier and the process will be less stressful!

Armando Soto, MD, FACS

Breast Implant Sizing

+1

I agree with Dr. Placik on both points. I think in your case 360cc implants will likely give you the result that you want. I also feel strongly that you should have a "sizing session" when you can "try on" different implants. I do this routinely and have had to change implant sizes only very infrequently.

John Whitt, MD

Breast Implant size for DD cup

+1

Allergan, one of the two major implant manufacturers, offers a package that has a bra and several "implants"...they aren't medical grade but are suitable for sizing. The package also comes with a coupon for Botox and one for Juvederm. It's a good deal for the patients and your doctor can make the arrangements.

Robert Frank, MD
Munster Plastic Surgeon

Try breast sizers on to assess breast implant volume

+1

This would likely take your breast size up by two cups but you should review your decision with your plastic surgeon and be comfortable before you proceed. Breast sizers are an excellent method of assessing an implant volume.