Where Can I Buy Medical Insurance for an out of Country Cosmetic Procedure in Case of Possible Complications?

Unfortunately because it is for a cosmetic procedure my medical coverage is voided. For sake of any medical complications is there a company that I can buy medical coverage from in the USA or a private insurervforbthe time i am away?I have looked every where and can't find anyone, yet you can get insurance coverage if you walk a tightrope across the Grand Canyon.

Ask your plastic surgeon about cosmetic complications insurance

+1

This would be a good question to ask your surgeon as I am sure this will vary from country to country. 

Insurance for overseas plastic surgery

+1

There is an insurance program that is intended to cover complications from overseas surgery, but I believe it is the surgeon who would make it available. It is a program affiliated with the International Society of Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ISAPS.org). I would suggest that you confirm that your surgeon is a member of ISAPS and ask about coverage. Dealing with potential complications is only one of the issues related to traveling out of country for surgery.

Richard Baxter, MD

Plastic surgeon sometimes carry insurance to cover their cosmetic patients.

+1

Some plastic surgeons have purchased insurance to cover complications should they occur in their own patients. You can look for surgeon who carries his coverage.