Will a Thigh and Buttocks Lift Improve Cellulite?

I am curious if a thigh and buttock lift would improve my cellulite.  You can only really see the cellulite when I flex my rear end, so I'm thinking that pulling the skin tighter might make it look better?  Please tell me what you think.

Usually not. Cellulite is due to tight fibers from the...

+2

Usually not.  Cellulite is due to tight fibers from the subcutaneous fat layer to the skin.  The skin may look slightly better by the pull, but a thigh/buttock lift lifts these tissues and removes redundant loose tissue from this area.   

Cellulaze will improve cellulite

+1
In my opinion the best way to get rid of cellulite is Cellulaze. Cellulaze is a minimally invasive procedure that will smooth out the lumpy fat cells and heat dermal tissue. This method promotes skin thickening and tightening resulting in smoother skin. Consult with your surgeon to find out if you are a good candidate.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Cellulaze for Cellulite

+1

I would recommend you evaluate Cellulaze - a FDA approved one time treatment that utilizes a 1440 nm wavelength laser to accomplish 3 things:  1) melt away fat bulging out 2) break up fibrous septae (attachments) that create the indentations and 3) help thicken the dermis (skin) to prevent future recurrence.   The procedure can take between 60-90 minutes and can be completed under local or just IV sedation (depending on the length of your procedure and number of areas being treated). To see your final results takes between 3-6 months. You can visit the cellulaze . com website to learn more about the procedure and find a plastic surgeon who performs the procedure near you. Best of luck!
Dr. Basu
Houston, TX

C. Bob Basu, MD, FACS

Cellulaze Best for Cellulite Reduction

+1

Thank you for your question. I would suggest Cellulaze to reduce your cellulite. Cellulaze is the only minimally invasive laser procedure designed to attack the structure of cellulite beneath your skin. It delivers longer-lasting results after only one short treatment. It is the first and only cellulite laser treatment that treats the actual problems underneath the skin to deliver a proven longer-lasting result from just one simple treatment. Cellulaze is backed by many years of clinical research. Studies have shown it increases the thickness of your skin by 25% and the elasticity of your skin by 29%—significant claims that haven't been made by any other treatments. Thicker and more elastic skin can help flatten and smooth the skin surface to improve the appearance of cellulite. In addition, 93% of patients surveyed were satisfied or very satisfied with their results at one year post their procedure, and all would recommend the Cellulaze cellulite laser treatment to a friend.

Daniel Shapiro, MD

Only if due to loose skin

+1

If the "cellulite" as Dr. Aldea describes is due to loose or ptotic skin, then a buttock lift or enhancement may produce improvments in the dimpling and irregularities.

Thigh and butt lift to improve cellulite

+1

"CELLULITE" is a misnomer meant to DIMPLING and UNEVENNESS seen in the buttock and thigh skin. Also described as Orange peel or Cottage cheese skin and with more obscure medical terms such as Dermopanniculosis deformans, Status protrusus cutis, Adiposis edematosa.

Cellulite is also associated with raised levels of estrogen (seen more commonly in women), insulin, adrenaline and noradrenaline (as seen in stress), thyroid hormones, and prolactin (lactating women).

Cellulite is also thought to be related to the way the thigh skin is attached / anchored to the thighs. Such skin anchoring appears to be more densely attached in men than in women. As a result, with aging, sun damage, stress etc, gravitational drooping is associated with more dimpling in women than in men.

A High Lateral Tension Abdominoplasty (Tummy Tuck) which lifts the anterior and some of the side (lateral) thigh WILL smooth cellulite. The same holds for a Buttock lift which is extended forward providing lifting of sagging thighs AND the buttocks.

Good Luck.

I Have Seen Significant Skin Smoothing After Buttock - Thigh Lift

+1

Although there are limitations to any procedure.  Younger patients seem to do the best, as do those who have not had as much damage to their skin from repeated weigt gainand weight loss.  Some photos at http://www.drlomonaco.com/forwlp.htm

John LoMonaco, MD, FACS