Unhappy With Buttocks Lift Asymmetrical Incisions. How To Approach Revision?

I had an inner thigh lift and a buttocks lift 9 weeks ago. The Doctor stated he would make an incision on each side from the groin underneath the buttocks and stopping a couple inches from the outer thigh. He did this well on the left cheek, but on the right cheek he made a jagged incision stopping just past the groin. The result is a sagging, asymmetrical cheek. I expect a redo in that area since he did not promise what he stated. How do I approach this?

Dissatisified with Butt Lift Results

+1

Thank you for your question. Allow the area to heal for at least 6 months, and address the issue then. Only then will you know approximately how you will heal. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

Unhappy with Buttock Lift

+1

It is very important to establish good communication with your surgeon and his staff.  Set up an appointment to discuss this with your surgeon.You may want to seek a second opinion with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon, certified by The American Board of Plastic Surgery ( ASPS), also.  Sounds like you will need scar revision surgery. 

Robert E. Zaworski, MD

Unhappy after buttock lift

+1

If you are unhappy with your results, make an appointment with your doctor and calmly discuss your concerns. It might help to review your before and after photos at the same time. Typically when the surgeon agrees that a revision is indicated, the surgeon will usually eliminate or reduce the surgeon charge but the patient should expect to pay fully the facility fees. Good luck.

Ronald Schuster, MD

Buttocks lift 9 weeks post-op

+1

Without directly seeing your results, I would say it is a bit too early post-operatively to assess any results.  However, it is always best to be frank and keep communication open with your operating surgeon.  In other words, just inquire with your surgeon next time you see him/her for a follow up visit.  Best of luck...RAS

Ryan Stanton, MD

Revision surgery

+1

The issue of revision surgery and 'any further surgery " should have been discussed before any surgery. The cost, what are the responsibilities of each party. So the answer to your question is just discuss yor concerns with the doctor and discuss the fina cial responsibilities. You may hear things you do not like.