Laser Treatment or Chemical Peels for Buttocks?

I have scars, stretch marks and pigmentation on my hips. My buttocks appear very dark as compared to the color of the rest of my body. I'm so embarrased by this that I hate to look at myself naked in the mirror. I can't wear swimsuit due to this. Please help me how to get rid of this. Are there any laser treatment or chemical peels that can help me lighten the scars and reduce the hyperpigmentation?

Scars, stretch marks and pigmentation of hips

+2

I would be very cautious regarding the use of lasers or chemical peels for this area of the body. At this time, there is no good treatment for stretch marks. Test sites for any laser treatment or chemical peel should be performed prior to treating a larger area.

Topical prescription medications that may be of benefit include hydroquinone, retinoids (e.g. tretinoin cream, adapalene, tazarotene), azelaic acid), as well as antioxidants including green tea polyphenols, Idebenone, vitamin C serum, etc.

Good luck.

San Diego Dermatologist