Buttocks Fat Grafting, Lyme Disease and Immune Attack to Fat Cells?

I had full tummy tuck with liposuction, fat transfer to my buttocks in May and I got a tick bite in July. in august I got symptoms of lyme and started being treated and I'm still on antibiotics. test for lyme is negative but clinical symptoms lead to lyme. One day I woke up and my fat transfer to my buttocks was gone. I also had some tissue loss on my left arm. My question is, is it possible for my immune system to attack new fat cells. Do you think thats the reason I lost all the fat transfer?

Lyme and BBL

+1

I would be surprised in anyone can answer this question, and its a very good one. The best I can do is share with you my experience. I am a plastic surgery and general surgery boarded cosmetic surgeon who has also done a year of pathology residency. I have performed  Brazilian Butt lift on a patient with Lyme disease (but after the fact not before). She did very well and I saw no difference between her and the one hundred patients I grafted before her. I don't know if that answers your question, but I hope it helps you a bit to know that you may get a result in the future if you decide and get a revision. Good luck.

Washington DC Plastic Surgeon