Buttocks - Augmentation or Brazilian Lift?

I am 25, 5'5, weight 115 lbs and a size 3. have been trying to figure out what to do to return my buttocks to the fullness it had pre-pregnancy (2 pregnancies ago). I'd like to know what the advantages of the Brazilian lift and augmentation are? For a petite person - I'm relativetive thin, which would be recommended? Which would appear more natural? Can a combination of a small implant & some fat be done to get the "natural and contoured" look I desire?

Buttock Augmentation vs Brazilian Butt Lift

+1

Butt Lift vs. Brazilian Butt Lift vs Buttock Implants
There are many options to have a shapelier butt. The key to making the right decision lies in the hands of a board certified plastic surgeon who will examine you and determine which procedure is best for you. You need to listen to their advice as they are the experts and examined you whereas our comments have limited application without an exam.
This is a good forum however to let you and others know their options. They include a Brazilian Butt Lift if there is adequate fat available for fat transfer, buttock implants and a butt lift. Fat transferred to the Buttocks is generally called a Brazilian Butt Lift. Some surgeons, including myself harvest fat in particular from the lower back to give it an S shaped contour that defines and sculpts the top of the buttocks giving it the illusion that it is bigger and definitely more shapely before the fat transfer is actually done. Similarly, sometimes fat is taken from the upper back of the thighs to also define the edge of the buttocks while taking care of what many women call the "banana rolls" as well as the "diamond" shape space that is attractive at the highest point of the inside of the thighs when viewed behind. Also the amount of fat that takes is highly technique dependent and experience dependent.
Implants are generally reserved for those that want more fullness but have inadequate fat available for transfer. It is more involved and has a longer recovery. Lastly Butt Lifts generally refer to using "flaps" of redundant soft tissue that are tucked inside the but while tightening up the skin envelope. This requires the longest time for recovery and results in the largest scars which visible.
In other words there are many subtleties that make all the difference between a good result and a great result.  My suggestion is to go to a board certified plastic surgeon with significant experience in these techniques. His exam will determine which course if right for you.

Buttock Implant Augmentation

+1

For patients that do not have enough body fat for a fat transfer buttock augmentation, using solid silicone buttock implants can produce excellent results.  The procedure takes about one hour to do under general anesthesia.  Small incisions are made in the midline of the buttock area for insertion of the implants.  Patients normally require about 1-2 weeks of rest and then can resume normal activity.  Sometimes it is possible to combine some fat transfer procedure with the implants to further optimize the aesthetic results.  The next step would be for you to send some photos for us to review.

regards

Dr Tachmes

Leonard Tachmes, MD
Miami Beach Plastic Surgeon

Buttock implant or fat grafting?

+1

Fat grafting for the buttocks is a good procedure with natural results and minimal complications. An added benefit is liposuction of other areas to accentuate the buttock contour. When there is scant fat in thin patients, an implant can be used in combination with fat injections.

Frank Agullo, MD
El Paso Plastic Surgeon

Combination Implant and Fat Injections For Buttock Enlargement In A Thin Women

+1

The success of the Brazilian Butt Lift is dependent on how much fat you to harvest. In a thin person there could not be enough to make a useful contribution to buttock size. That would need to be determined by an in-office examination. The concept of a small buttock implant placed under the muscle with some fat injected into and above the muscle, as you have mentioned, is the most likely approach to make a real buttock size difference in a thin women. The real question is whether enough fat exists to make the fat contribution effort worthwhile.

Barry L. Eppley, MD, DMD

Buttocks implant or fat grafting

+1

Even slender patients can have areas from which to harvest fat for buttock augmentation. Your surgeon will be able to tell you if you have enough fat to make it work. If you are more slender then typically you don't need as much fat in the buttock to make it appear fuller. If given the choice I will always try to transfer fat, as it is more natural and an easier operation to recover from without all the risks and complications inherent in implant surgery. Best of Luck  Dr Harrell

Jon F. Harrell, DO