Buttock Sagging After Lipo

I had extensive liposuction on my butt and hips and now I have loose skin that makes a sag line at the bottom of one buttock. I also have some rippling that is the result of the surgery--not cellulite. I am 31 years old. Would fat injections/grafting to the top of the buttocks help remove the sag line, or do I need a lower body lift? I don't want a full Brazilian butt lift which might make me go up a clothing size. I like my size--I just want the shape to look more smooth and perky in a bikini.

Correction of buttocks sagging after liposuction

+1

The only way to know if you would have loose skin after liposuction would be to have a consultation with an experienced plastic surgeon.  The key to liposuction is not the amount of fat removed it is the amount of fat that remains and the quality of the skin.  Poor skin elasticity will yield a poor result.  Fat injections to the top of the buttocks may be of some benefit.

PHOTO: loose dimpled buttock and thigh after liposuction

+1

Fat grafting = Brazilian butt lift. Therefore I am confused. In my opinion the primary problem is the skin laxity and this would lead to me to recommend a lower body lift as a preferred method of control.

Web reference: http://www.bodysculptor.com/

Liposuction of the buttocks is prone to contour problems

+1

In general, I am not a fan of liposuction of the lower buttocks for just the problems that you have now experienced. You essentially have now traded off one problem for another. This is not your fault but an issue in the planning and awareness of complications phase before surgery. It may be possible to get some improvement in the buttock irregularities with fat grafting but it will never become completely smooth...think of less dimpling and irregularities not that they will be completely gone. A lower body lift is absolutely not what you need. It will not only not produce a 'cure' for the buttock problem but will create a new problem (back scar) whicih is another poor trade-off. 

Web reference: http://www.eppleyliposuction.com/

Buttock sagging after liposuction

+1

I am not a big fan of liposuction of the buttocks for the potential problems that you describe. You may  need fat grafting to correct this problem.

Buttocks Liposuction

+1

Based on your picture fat grafting to the contour abnormalities would be helpful.  I do not know if you will get a perky butt.  If you have considerable laxity of the the buttocks then a body lift could be a possibility.  A huge procedure to correct an unfortunate liposuction outcome.  Finally, in my opinion liposuction of the buttocks in hardly a good idea because it often ends with results similar to yours.  Consult with your treating plastic surgeon or others in your area.

Dr. ES

Too Much Lipo Can Cause Butt Droopage And Skin Rippling

+1

I am not saying that you had too much liposuction, or that it was not done properly.  However, in general, too much liposuction in any area is a bad idea.  Fat is an important part of our bodies (look at some photos of HIV victims to see what I mean).   Despite all the 'anti-Fat-ites' in our society, fat is beautiful, when it is in the right places!  Surgeons skilled in fat transfer may be able to help you move a bit of fat from one area to another and correct these problems.  it is much better to go to someone who is skilled in the first place, who will avoid these problems to begin with.  After all, avoiding problems is much better than fixing them up afterwards.  

- Claudio DeLorenzi MD FRCS

Liposuction of the buttocks can cause sagging.H

+1

Hi.

This is a fairly common problem.   Liposuction of  the lower buttocks and specially under the buttocks can cause the buttocks to lose support and sag.

Hard to tell what you need from picture.  I suspect a combination of touch up liposuction and skillfully done fat injections may help.