Buttock Lift - New Method? (photo)

This one site says “with special silicone grids and with only a small horizontal incision of 5 cm in the waist can the buttocks be uplifted (..). Moreover, the grid placement, when the necessary incision to remove the excess skin is made, ensures the future of the operation and that the incision does not decline“. Can any doctor explain this method in more detail? where is the grid placed? This method has a name?

Buttock Lift With Silicone Grid

+1

This is not an accepted method to date.  Buttock augmentation and Brazilian buttlift are both accepted methods of buttock augmentation or lift.

“silicone grid”??

+1

This Surgeon is from Athens Greece. The exact nature of this “silicone grid” is not apparent after a literature/ web search. However, it is very common in large body lifts for surgeons to use marked maps or grids to measure out symmetrical lines of closure on patients bodies to produce better symmetry.  Best,

Gary R Culbertson, MD, FACS

Gary R. Culbertson, MD
Columbia Plastic Surgeon

Never Be The First Into Or The Last Out Of Any Plastic Surgical Technique

+1

Thank you for this thought provoking question.  Silicone grids placed in the buttocks or any other part of the body will lead to a formation of a capsule similar to one around a breast implant.  If that capsule remains fine and thin, then these grids probably will be comfortable to sit on.  On the other hand (or the other cheek), if the body forms a capsular contracture, the grids will be displaced, your buttocks can become distorted, and walking and/or sitting can become uncomfortable.

It has been my experience in plastic surgery that a few of the new techniques, like liposuction, transaxillary breast augmentation, and the use of stratttice are amazingly successful, but most new techniques vanish because they just don't work.  Unfortunately, if you are the patient who had a new technique that didn't work, then you are a victim.  It will certainly cost you money, time, pain, possibly body distortion, scars, or even worse, if you are the first into something that doesn't work.

Fat grafting to buttocks (the Brazilian butt lift) works great, and even if it doesn't work, at least you are thinner where the fat was harvested from and your butt will be bigger even if the fat goes away just because of new collagen formation. 

Don't be the first into or the last out of any plastic surgical procedure.

S. Larry Schlesinger, MD, FACS
Honolulu Plastic Surgeon

New BL Technique

+1

I have no experience with silicone grids for buttock lifts.  I will say that I avoid the use of foreign objects in this area as they are prone to displacement/infection/high rates of revision surgery.  There are more well described methods that are "tried, tested, and true".  Be careful of novel techniques that aren't widely used/accepted.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)