Butt Gets Sore from Sitting After Brazilian Butt Lift?

I had a bbl performed on me 11 weeks ago. I waited 7 weeks to sit and limited my bending to avoid killing my fat cells. After 7 weeks started gradually sitting for short periods of time ( 3 times a day for 5 mins for a few days, then started sitting 3 times a day for 10 mins, then 15 mins, etc. Right now I only sit for no more then 40 mins at a time but I always use a pillow and it still hurts to sit, my butt gets kind of sore, is this normal?. I'm scared I'm killing my fat cells

Soreness from sitting is normal

+2
It's great to hear that you have been so conscientious about sitting after your brazilian butt lift. You are still recovering from your surgery so it's normal that you feel a bit of soreness from sitting. You'll feel better as you progress in your recovery.

Pain after bbl

+1

I think you are progressing quite normally after this surgery. The soreness will improve and you are NOT killing your fat cells by siting at this stage. There is a normal amount if absorption that will happen regardless

Sanjay Lalla, MD, FACS
West Orange Plastic Surgeon

Discomfort While Sitting after Brazilian Butt Lift..........

+1

It is very normal to feel that soreness while sitting for the first few times especially after going so long without sitting.  The more you do it, the better it will get.  At 11 weeks, sitting in a progressive fashion should not kill your fat cells.  Keep doing what you are doing.  It will get better.

Daniel P. Markmann, MD