Butt Lift Where Sutures Are Placed Underneath the Muscles of the Butt?

I recently was told about a form of butt lift I'd never heard of.. During a consultation for a butt lift I was told about a procedure where in there are sutures placed underneath the muscles of the butt with a sort of cone. Three months later the threads are pulled up and it lifts the butt. I was told this is done all the time in Brazil. I like the idea of a butt lift with out the big scars of a traditional lift but have never heard of this before. Would like to get feed back .

Butt Lift and Sutures

+1

Thank you for your question. This is not common practice to my knowledge in the US and many procedures are done in Brazil, but the long term effects are not known. Fat transfer is common here in the US and has proven to be effective in many but not all cases. There is variables in technique, fat quality, and other variables affecting the outcome. Talk with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon and develop a plan to consider for a butt augmentation if indicated. Sutures left in the buttock and pulled up months later has me a bit skeptical on this procedure. I was just in Brazil and nobody was talking about this kind of procedure. I hope this helps.

Danville Plastic Surgeon

+1

I would not advise undergoing this procedure.  The Brazilian buttlift and implants are the two approved treatments in the US.  Find a plastic surgeon with ELITE credentials who performs hundreds of Brazilian buttlifts each year.  Then look at the plastic surgeon's website before and after photo galleries to get a sense of who can deliver the results.  Kenneth Hughes, MD Los Angeles, CA

Butt Lift

+1

From your description of the procedure, it sounds like a thread lift. And it does not hold!!!

It does not deal with the basic problem of excess skin . Be carefull and research the procedure with a board certified plastic surgeon (American Board of Plastic Surgery)